All reviews quiche tea room choice hotels room was clean biscuits gravy nice breakfast would stay here again front desk staff complimentary breakfast garden suite third floor nice stay visiting eureka springs trolley stop air conditioner in town get away
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is always nice to see the same faces here year after year. The staff is always friendly and the breakfast is great. Don't miss the gardens and splurge for a suite, it won't disappoint. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our time at this hotel. Rooms were very clean. Would have given 5 stars but while the hotel is dog friendly, there isn't a good place to walk a dog due to the gardens. Gardens are stunning though! Bed was also a bit hard.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely hate that I have to leave a negative review for this place. It was a very nice hotel and the king suite was huge, although it smelled faintly of old smoke for a non-smoking room. The bed was very firm but not uncomfortable. My only real complaint is that I had clothes stolen from my room while we were out for the day! I had hung up two outfits on hangers in the closet and didn’t notice one was missing until the next morning when I was getting ready. I searched the room and all our belongings. I mentioned it to the clerk when checking out. They offered to let me file a police report, which I declined due to the fact that the outfit, while brand new with tags, wasn’t all that expensive. Still I was very upset by this. I have never had anything go missing in all my travels before. I waited until I got home to write this review until I had a chance to go thru my stuff once more and double check I hadn’t left the outfit at home, which I hadn’t. It’s very sad that a locked hotel room can’t be secure enough to leave simple things like clothes. I’d never leave anything truly important or valuable while I was gone, but seriously? Very disturbing!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shanna T
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This is our second stay at this hotel and we still love it! The staff is always pleasant and welcoming. The grounds are amazing and we love to walk the paths looking at all the lovely flora and fauna. At night, the lights on the trees make it magical. The breakfast is delightful and has so much to choose from, and the hostess is a sweetie. Thanks for another great stay!

Room tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter and have lovely views of the trees.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARIETTA S
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Our family of 8 (4 kids, 2 parents and 2 in-laws has a three night stay while we visited Eureka Springs. We stayed in rooms 207 and 203. Room 207 had a strong cigarette smoke smell compared to 203. The wall paper in the rooms was peeling and the beds were rather uncomfortable and made my back hurt. The pillows were also flat and it took 2 to equivilate to my temperpedic pillow at home in thickness. After our first night, in room 203, housekeeping did not turn down one of our beds because there was an air mattress we placed on it so it wouldn’t be on the floor while we were getting ready that morning. They left us a handwritten note saying they couldn’t turn down a bed that had personal items on it. However, housekeeping turned down a bed in room 207 that had our clothes on it. It took more time to write the note than it would have to take the mattress off the bed and strip the bed. After our second night, housekeeping did not even enter our room. We left at around 9:00am and returned that evening to find our beds were left undone, trash not dumped and all our towels were still in a pile in the bathtub where we had left them. When this was brought to the attention of the manager in the lobby, he was unapologetic and almost seemed put out that we would ask for more towels and wash cloths. Room 207 also did not have the proper towels replenished and my in laws had to get new towels from the front desk as well.
The housekeeping staff was another concern of mine. Every morning as we went to the continental breakfast they were gathering right outside the lobby entrance near the pool and elevator, smoking cigarettes and talking. They moved only enough for us to pass through and they made no effort to greet us, smile, or offer any other gesture of kindness and hospitality. There were several housekeeping staff that had, in my opinion as a mental health professional, physical characteristics of drug addiction: sunken eye sockets with protruding eyes, malnourished looking slender build, slender faces with protruding cheek bones, pock marks on skin, etc. (A quick images search on physical characteristics of drug addiction will give good examples of what I am describing)
The food at the contenintal breakfast was the final concern for me. Though mostly fine, I scooped out a serving of scrambled eggs right after the employee had used the serving spoon to stir them up. Upon scooping the eggs, a clump of eggs hung from the spoon connected by a hair to the eggs on the spoon. I made eye contact with the employee who also saw what I saw. They did nothing to replace the pan of eggs and had no reaction to the sight. As I said before, the food was otherwise fine with the exception of the egg incident. Though not a make it or break it issue, there was no variation in food from day to day. They served scrambled eggs, miniature biscuits with a crockpot of sausage gravy, an egg quiche that sometimes seemed like plain eggs but other quiches had vegetables in it such as peppers, onions and spinach. They also had a drink machine with water, grape juice, orange juice and a citrus blend juice that had a mango flavor to it. 2% and skim milk, various miniature yogurt cups in Strawberry, Peach, Strawberry/Banana flavors. Regular and spiced waffle mixes for the irons, a variety of breads/muffins, and two types of cereal: Rasin Bran and Cap’n Crunch.
We were very disappointed in our stay and will never return to this place. They knocked $60 off our bill for the lack of housekeeping which was reasonable but it was such a poor experience compared to other stays we have had at other places. I certainly wouldn’t recommend a stay of more than one night if you were to stay here. Given the choice, I’d probably choose to sleep in my van with my 4 kids in a parking lot as I feel the amenities would be a lot nicer and more spacious.

Date of stay: September 2018