“Wonderful Hotel - Great Stay!”
Review of Hotel Egilsstadir

Hotel Egilsstadir
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Egilsstadir
Hotel Egilsstadir
Ranked #11 of 15 Egilsstadir B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We stayed here last night - September 2, 2015 on our 2 week road trip around Iceland. Our room was perfect - spacious, clean, modern with all the amenities! We had a beautiful view of the lake and we were lucky enough to see the Northern Lights! All of our hotels thus far have been very nice, but Hotel Egilsstadir thus far is the best!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 406. Lake view room on the top floor at the end of the hall. Perfect!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2015

We were charmed by this hotel. We were given a large room with a view of the lake and mountains. The staff were friendly and helpful, very welcoming. The room was attractive and comfortable. We had a good meal in the attractive restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2014

We arrived around 1:30, the entry to the hotel was locked. Someone arrived in the parking lot who did not speak English She took my reservation slip and made a phone call and then gave us a key. The room was a fair size for three people. The bed was comfortable but the pillows tough. My husband figured after awhile that to make the toilet flush he had to turn on the sink cold water.
The shower worked well. Breakfast was adequate. This was fine for a passing hotel where we stayed two nights and visited the surrounding area.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I tolerate most things in a hotel except lack of cleanliness. A pin from my watch somehow got loose and fell on the floor and we were looking for it under the bed and wardrobe. We did not find the pin but instead found years of accumulated dirt. Do not think that anybody has cleaned this room in the past 2 years or so. Was really upset about this. The room is very, very small and confirm previous reviews that there is less than 1m around 3 sides of the bad and can corfirm also the fact that the small sink has no strainer. Another thing that really annoyed me was the foul smell of the hot water of both sink anf shower. I just cannot feel clean after showering with water that smells like rotten eggs. Cannot comment regarding value because we paid for a whole package round Iceland tour. Breakfast was a bit poor but good.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel was adequate and reasonably comfortable. The front desk clerk was very nice. The breakfast buffet closed at 9:00 am so we late sleepers had to rush a bit. Breakfast was OK but nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel is very basic and a bit shabby. That said, you must remember where you are and that your money does not go very far in Iceland! The two things to make note of: 1. My room did not have a hair dryer, you must borrow one from the front desk. 2. My room had absolutely NO TOILETRIES. This was not a problem as I always bring shampoo and conditioner on every trip I take. But for those counting on shampoo, forget it! Also, BRING TONS OF HAIR CONDITIONER as the water is super hard and full of minerals...I had read this before I left and brought double the conditioner I usually bring--and that was not enough! Bring TRIPLE! And leave it on a long time! (The Blue Lagoon totally trashed my hair--could not get a brush through it!)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2013

In addition to other reviewers regarding the rooms, I’ll add this;
- No outlets to plug in your own devices
- No remote control (TV set from the 70’s)
- No table or side tables
- No full size mirror