Bayview Hotel
TripAdvisor
The Schooner Tavern(Ballycotton)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscliff walkballycotton baysea viewsconeslovely hoteltop classmain coursestayed here for two nightsirish hospitalityleisure centrebreakfast was excellentcork citylighthouseweddingstephenirelandballymaloe
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We decided to have our wedding reception at the Bayview based on the stunning views. I am delighted to say that the quality of service and food easily matched these. From Stephen's patience and advice on planning our wedding reception to the fantastic efforts made by Maria, Margaret and the two James on the day itself I have to give the Bayview my strongest recommendation. It was perfect. Our sincerest thanks, Marc and Arlene Fritsche.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marcphisto
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I can't sing the praises of the staff in the Bayview highly enough, the service is impeccable from check-in to check-out.
The hotel itself is positioned on the waters edge overlooking Ballycotton village and the harbour, with views of the bay out to sea over the lighthouse to die for.
Food is amazing...breakfast, lunch and dinner all impressed.
No pool, but sea swimming is on the doorstep in summer and the sister hotel close by has full Spa facilities.
It's a good half hour drive from Cork city but well worth it, in fact I stayed in July this year and went back again in October.
Everything is good but the staff really make the difference, Margaret, Adrian, Lisa to name but a few.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank benceltic
Reviewed October 2, 2011

From the moment we arrived, we were awestruck with the awesome vast ocean views! Water, water everywhere! The location, staff (especially Margaret O.), and entire property were fantastic and spotless. It was like stepping back in time to a bygone era of elegance and comfort beyond ordinary these days! Everyone was friendly and engaging. Fabulous food, a cozy atmosphere in the bar, sophisticated dining room and decor throughout describes this most wonderful hotel! If you're looking for a room with a view, you've found it!!! My husband and I can't wait to return for our next anniversary!

Room Tip: First floor rooms with a balcony overlooking the ocean are magnificent!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DELTA-Girl-1997
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Revisiting a hotel where you had a wonderful experience is always a little nerve racking as you wonder if the standard will be the same. I am so glad to say that my recent visit to the Bayview Hotel in Ballycotton equalled my previous visit and the overall stay was one of my best this year.

All the staff, including Maria and Adrian were professional and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food and accommodation was superb and the suite that we had contained three balconies that gave us breathtaking views over the beautiful bay. There were not too many guests staying so the overall experience was one of peace and quiet which is something that can be rare in hotels in Ireland.

The choice and variety of food available in the restaurant is very good and every dish was presented with flair and imagination. Fresh bread and scones are baked daily and all meat and fish used is sourced from local producers. This is what sets this hotel apart from many others and one of the reasons that I will be returning again. Thank you all for making this stay such a comfortable and memorable one.

I have included some pictures of the dishes that I had as the presentation of them was so beautiful.

Room Tip: Most rooms on the 1st floor have balconies that open onto the ocean- 2nd floor rooms may only have windows. The suite that I had was located on the 1st floor and contained three balconies that gave wonderful views of the ocean and the nearby harbor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie_Morrissey
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stay here at least once a year for its amazing location right on the ocean. Majority of rooms overlook the ocean with balconies. The staff are lovely, helpful without been instrusive and all very professional. Food is excellent using locally sourced produce, a real treat. Great value for money and always a treat!

There is a nearby cliff walk which is stunning particularly when the sun is shining.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple