“Wonderful sea side hotel”
Review of Bayview Hotel

Bayview Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ballycotton
Centennial, Colorado
“Wonderful sea side hotel”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My friend and I stayed two nights at the Bayview. Our room was wonderful, overlooking the sea and harbor. Everyone was very accomodating and answered all our needs and requests. Exceptional views from room.
We also spent 2 nights at their sister hotel, Garryvoe hotel. Also exceptional service, beautiful sea view room, very large, and wonderful bathroom. We also had 2 breakfasts and two dinners at hotel. All were excellent and included in a senior package we chose. We had choice of anything on the menu and service was just great. The food was exceptional, nicely presented and servers were outstanding. They met our every need.
This is a wonderful area to stay in, by the sea and Ballycotton harbor. We enjoyed the area, the hotels and the amenities very much. Would love to go back and spend more time. Very convenient to many attractions .

Room Tip: We did pay an upgrade room fee at the Garryvoe for a sea view room. It was worth it. The Bayview roo...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank lorcahi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We decided to have our wedding reception at the Bayview based on the stunning views. I am delighted to say that the quality of service and food easily matched these. From Stephen's patience and advice on planning our wedding reception to the fantastic efforts made by Maria, Margaret and the two James on the day itself I have to give the Bayview my strongest recommendation. It was perfect. Our sincerest thanks, Marc and Arlene Fritsche.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marcphisto
Belfast, Ireland
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I can't sing the praises of the staff in the Bayview highly enough, the service is impeccable from check-in to check-out.
The hotel itself is positioned on the waters edge overlooking Ballycotton village and the harbour, with views of the bay out to sea over the lighthouse to die for.
Food is amazing...breakfast, lunch and dinner all impressed.
No pool, but sea swimming is on the doorstep in summer and the sister hotel close by has full Spa facilities.
It's a good half hour drive from Cork city but well worth it, in fact I stayed in July this year and went back again in October.
Everything is good but the staff really make the difference, Margaret, Adrian, Lisa to name but a few.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank benceltic
Avoca, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 October 2011

From the moment we arrived, we were awestruck with the awesome vast ocean views! Water, water everywhere! The location, staff (especially Margaret O.), and entire property were fantastic and spotless. It was like stepping back in time to a bygone era of elegance and comfort beyond ordinary these days! Everyone was friendly and engaging. Fabulous food, a cozy atmosphere in the bar, sophisticated dining room and decor throughout describes this most wonderful hotel! If you're looking for a room with a view, you've found it!!! My husband and I can't wait to return for our next anniversary!

Room Tip: First floor rooms with a balcony overlooking the ocean are magnificent!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DELTA-Girl-1997
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Revisiting a hotel where you had a wonderful experience is always a little nerve racking as you wonder if the standard will be the same. I am so glad to say that my recent visit to the Bayview Hotel in Ballycotton equalled my previous visit and the overall stay was one of my best this year.

All the staff, including Maria and Adrian were professional and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food and accommodation was superb and the suite that we had contained three balconies that gave us breathtaking views over the beautiful bay. There were not too many guests staying so the overall experience was one of peace and quiet which is something that can be rare in hotels in Ireland.

The choice and variety of food available in the restaurant is very good and every dish was presented with flair and imagination. Fresh bread and scones are baked daily and all meat and fish used is sourced from local producers. This is what sets this hotel apart from many others and one of the reasons that I will be returning again. Thank you all for making this stay such a comfortable and memorable one.

I have included some pictures of the dishes that I had as the presentation of them was so beautiful.

Room Tip: Most rooms on the 1st floor have balconies that open onto the ocean- 2nd floor rooms may only have w...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie_Morrissey
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stay here at least once a year for its amazing location right on the ocean. Majority of rooms overlook the ocean with balconies. The staff are lovely, helpful without been instrusive and all very professional. Food is excellent using locally sourced produce, a real treat. Great value for money and always a treat!

There is a nearby cliff walk which is stunning particularly when the sun is shining.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed for 4 nights over the August Bank Holiday period as my daughter was getting married in Ballycotton. The location of this hotel just blew us away, the view of the ocean is spectacular, every bedrooom overlooks the sea and our room was very comfortable. The hotel staff cannot do enough for you, truly nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast was lovely food excellent and again you are able to relax eating taking in the wonderful views of the sea. My only critiscism would be the cost to eat dinner at the hotel as we thought it was very expensive and prices compared to eating in most restaurants in say Mayfair, London. However, we decided to try the cuisine one night and we both picked the scallops to start with at 12Euros each and the I had the duck and my husband had the lamb @27 Euros each. Although delicious it was overpriced and I was disappointed not to see Irish ribeye steak on the menu. I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone it is approximately 1 hr by car from Cork Airport, we were quite sad to leave, beautiful hotel, stunning location.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballycotton
Garryvoe Hotel
Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork

Been to Bayview Hotel? Share your experiences!