New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Best B+B around” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glenwood House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carrigaline
Glenwood House
Ranked #1 of 4 Carrigaline B&B and Inns
Dublin
“Best B+B around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

Have been coming to Glenwood for many years. It's a home from home in Cork.
Adrian makes you feed so welcome and when you go there it is really like staying with the family.
Handy to the ferry port, it's in a lovely quiet setting not far from the town. The rooms are comfy and well equipped and all on the ground floor. The bathrooms are
also clean and well laid out. There is a lounge to sit in and a lovely homely cooked breakfast is served in the dining room. I dont think you could ask for anything else from a B+B. If you are going to eat out, try the Bosun in Monkstown about 7 mins drive away.
Spotlessly clean atmospheric puboverlooking the river which serves great food.

• Stayed June 2010
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MRTL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brackloon Wood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

From entering to leaving our host could not have been more helpful and informative. Our room was of 4 star hotel standard, spacious, well decorated and very comfortable. It was very clean, as was the ensuite. The guests lounge was also very welcoming with ample brochures on local attractions and drives. The breakfast was tasty with a wide varity from an extensive menu. Service was friendly and prompt. I would definately recommend Glenwood House and will be back next time we are in the area.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2009

I stayed in this B&B while on a business trip and I was very impressed. The owner was incredibly friendly and welcoming. The bedroom and bathroom were very well maintained, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was really incredible - a selection of three home made jams as well as amazing sausages, rashers and wonderful coffee. There were loads of little touches to make my stay pleasant, including the day's newspapers in the dining room, and the fact that because of the very cold weather, he had an electric heater in my room in case I needed it. It also appeared to be very accessible for wheelchair users as it is all on one floor.I would throroughly recommend this B&B for anyone in the area, but I have to admit that there is not a huge amount to do in the town itself. Apparently it is a good base if you are driving around the county.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Illinois, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

Extremely friendly and knowledgeable/helpful host, large room, large bathroom, quiet, Outstanding breakfast, great service...what more could you ask?

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hostas
Midlands UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2009

Carrigaline is a strange little town, like ski jump Main Street, the Glenwood House is right at the top, probably 20 mins walk to the centre - where there are a couple of good places to eat - Spice Indian Cuisine I must recommend. Anyway, as the Carrigaline Court, the 4 star show piece is now (a reduced) 85 Euro a night, I chose this place as its 54 - the saving pays for a nice evening meal. Glenwood is spotless, very modern, warm and tastefully furnished. Very polite and entertaining guy runs the place. WIFI everywhere in the lodge which is great. Very comfortable bed, immaculate new bathroom and shower - like I said earlier, spotless. Outside it says Enon Ronnay award breakfast ... fresh 'bits in' orange juice, the tastiest sausages and bacon plus local specialty sort of black n white puddings - classic Irish 'hort'-attack stuff, but great OCCASIONALLY. I mentioned the excellent sausage to him, he said he only uses the one quality supplier, and for the bacon - he said you can get some 'rubbish bacon', but he's very choosy with his - and its shows when you eat it. Can't fault this place. Book it.

Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2008

Having stayed at Glenwood Guest House previously I did not regret in anyway returning for what was simply outstanding service.

My first visit to Glenwood Guest House in 2007 was my very first experience of Ireland and one that truly got my visit off to a good start.

The property is a short easy drive from Cork airport and the map on their website is easy to follow. Due to the time of my plane landing the owners where aware I would be arriving late and this was catered for without question. Upon arrival I was greeted with a friendly handshake, a smile and a very friendly owner.

The building is tastefully decorated, very clean and very welcoming.

I was shown to my room and nothing was too much trouble. After establishing that I had to leave before breakfast due to me having an early appointment in Kilkenny the owner insisted that I had breakfast before I leave (even though this was a good hour or so before breakfast is normally served).

Breakfast was delicious and the service simply fantastic. Plenty to choose from including ample fresh fruit.

I can say hand on heart that my stay at the Glenwood is easily in my top experiences of guest house service. This will wthout a doubt be a regular choice for accommodation when I fly into Cork.

Thanks for a lovely stay!!!

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — My stay was not long enough....
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank netjunkielee
Wicklow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2008

Really nice place close to the town the owner is really nice and we had no problems, we will stay here again. Rooms are lovely breakfast is great

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — I liked it all
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bren12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrigaline
1.0 km away
0.0 km away
Willowhill House
Willowhill House
#1 of 1 in Carrigaline

Been to Glenwood House? Share your experiences!