“Superb service”
Review of Garryvoe Hotel

Garryvoe Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Garryvoe
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Myself and serveral members of my family attended a family wedding at the hotel last week. We had dinner on Wednesday night in the bistro the meal itself was very nice but the service we got from a young lady called Sarah was second to none. She went over and above to help us nothing was too much bother to her. She is a great asset to your hotel.
At the reception itself our table was looked after by a girl called Abbie she was very young but was so professional we just couldn't get over just how good she was so helpful pleasant and a pleasure to have met you are very lucky to have her.
The night after the wedding we had dinner in the Samphire restaurant and the food was sublime we all had something different and each dish was delishious the service there was excellent also. All in all I couldn't recommend the hotel highly enough

Room Tip: We stayed in room 204 and it had a lovely view of the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MaggieMay375
SBGvoe, Managing Director at Garryvoe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hi MaggieMay375

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your recent visit to the hotel.

I am thrilled to hear that our staff members looked after you so well. We are indeed very lucky to have such wonderful people working for us. I will certainly pass on your compliments to all concerned.

Thank you also for recommending us and hopefully you will get an opportunity to pop back again and see us soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We booked a family room which was large, bright and immaculate. The hotel is right by the beach and has a lovely pool area with lots of floats for kids. We had difficulties accessing the internet as reception was very patchy in most areas. The breakfast was very good and food in the restaurant was tasty too although it was extremely busy as there's not much else in the area. This hotel is a good base for exploring the area but we found it a little remote as everything meant having to drive.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tyronesimone
SBGvoe, Managing Director at Garryvoe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Tyronesimone

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered accessing the internet. I do hope it didn't hinder too much the enjoyment of your stay.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I stayed here with my mother and 2 sons. The hotel is in an excellent location across the road from the beach. The hotel is modern, very clean and spacious rooms. The facilities were excellent, swimming pool is definitely in the top range of hotels I've stayed in over the years. On arrival we were informed as to what events were available for the children. Breakfast was made to order, quality of food was second to none and beautifully presented. I had a slight issue on departure which was the fault of the comparison website I booked through but the staff on reception were extremely understanding and accommodating. Would definitely recommend this hotel to couples or families and will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank handymanny810

Dear handymanny810

Many thanks for the really lovely review of your recent stay in the Garryvoe.

I am delighted to hear that you will come back and stay with us again. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night mid-week at Garryvoe Hotel, co. cork, for business meeting. On arrival, hotel looks dated from the outside but reception check in was efficient and friendly. Room on 3rd floor was adequate - decor from 1997 but functional. Room was on the front of the hotel - view was superb. Looks directly out onto the sea and coastline. Hotel appears to cater towards wedding receptions and family groups.

Dinner in restaurant that night was unexpectedly good. The service and food quality was first class. Congrats to the chef - I've had worse in hotels with 4 and 5 star ratings.

Positives: Location on sea front and amazing views. Excellent food and staff service. Great value.

Negatives: Hotel decor is dated - could do with a refresh. Cracked Bathroom tiling for example needs replacing.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank spacestar5

Dear spacestar5

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are currently upgrading our seaview rooms and more recently; renovated our lobby bar, restaurant and reception areas. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our food and I will certainly pass on your comments to the chef.

I do hope you will pop back and see us again soon if you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

A beautiful hotel. very nice staff. Lovely restaurant and fabulous food.
I enjoyed my stay here.
My room over looked the sea and main land, stunning views.
I will return to this hotel again.
I recommend this beautiful hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Noreen L

Dear Noreen L

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I really am delighted you enjoyed your stay and also thrilled to hear you will make a return visit.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Attending a wedding here, stunning location & beautiful hotel, food was amazing & staff couldn't have done more for the wedding guests, spent 2 nights here & would definitely return,I presume hotel was redecorated recently as interiors were immaculate and up to date

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank niamho1977

Dear niamh01977

Many thanks for your wonderful review.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 9 July 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed for one night. The receptionist and the restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful. Dinner was delicious and very reasonably priced. The room was spacious, clean and had a lovely sea view. The health centre was great - really enjoyed the outdoor hot tub. The beach directly in front of the hotel is great for walking. There is quite a lot of seaweed and stones so it doesn't look great for swimming although there were lifeguards on duty. The beautiful Ballycotton is a very short drive away

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EGPM17
SBGvoe, Managing Director at Garryvoe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear EGPM17

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you found our reception and restaurant staff very friendly and helpful. I will certainly pass on your comments. Great to hear you got to use the Outdoor Hot tub and enjoyed it.

Hopefully you will pop back and see us in the not too distant future.

Stephen Belton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garryvoe
7.1 km away
22.2 km away
Cliff House Hotel
Cliff House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ardmore

Been to Garryvoe Hotel? Share your experiences!