Kettles Country House Hotel
US$129
US$118
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbridal suitegreat venue for a weddingbouncy castlenext morningportion sizesroast beefdublin airporttea coffeebar foodwould highly recommend this hotelclose to the airportlong flightfamily roomcommunioncarveryireland
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Recently stayed in Hotel, with Great package deal i bought. Very impressed with location, relaxed atmosphere, Thank you to Barbra.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank gary A
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here for one night as part of a groupon deal we got as a present. Arrived at hotel and checkin was quick and painless. Went to room and went fir shower only to find no towels. Minor problem quickly solved by a phone call. Wife looked at tv while I showered but was strangest remote control she ever used. She gave up after 10th mins as it took her that long to flick through all 7 channels. Not recommended for those with no patience.
We went down to bar and was pleasantly surprised to see them still serving food from there carvery until 800. Food was very nice.
Sleep that night was very good in comfy bed.
Breakfast next morning was also very good.
Overall pleasant enough stay.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Discsaber
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed here on 29/10/11.
Apart from 2 small things wrong in the room (see photos) it was a good experience overall.
On my arrival at 2.30pm I was not feeling too good so I went for a short sleep. When I awoke some 2 hours later I was really in a bad way. I had to call reception who in turn arranged for a doctor to come & see me. When the Doctor called and saw to me I wanted to pay him but alas I had no cash only a credit card and the doctor could not take a card from me so the girl on reception paid him cash and then I paid the hotel.
The big thank you goes to the late evening/night staff for looking after me throughout the night, making sure i was OK & bringing some food up to me.

Room Tip: All rooms are a good size
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark17300
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Firstly we had got this hotel through a citydeal, when we called to book a room we were told the hotel was fully booked for the next 2 and a half months. As we thought this was very unusual we decided to call back as a regular customer not mentioning the city deal voucher and was told there was plenty of availability. When the day came to stay in the hotel we arrived to the room to find we had a lovely view of industrial bins directly outside our window. Also there was a function going on below us until early hours of the morning which resulted with music blaring until late in the night. The toilet seat was broken and also the shower screen which meant the floor was soaking wet when the shower was used.Above the headboard of the bed the dust was an inch thick and litrally fell on our heads as we were lying down in bed that night.Would never go back!

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the pictures.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rachel85365
colinkettle, Front Office Manager at Kettles Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel regarding your stay with us.

As city deal vouchers are very popular and on the voucher it does say to book in advance, we have allocated a certain amount of rooms to sell per Friday and Saturday night with the city deal voucher.

With regards to the noise, unfortunately we do our best to place residents not attending the function to the furthest part of the hotel. I'm not too sure which night you stayed with us, but if you have had mentioned it to one of our reception staff I am sure that we would have done everything to move you to a quieter room. As I said I am not too sure what date you stayed so if you did try and move but couldn't due to the fact we were full I am sorry.

Again above response regarding the bins.

Thank you for pointing out about the headboard and bathroom issues and I will pass them onto Housekeeping and Maintenance.

Unfortunately most people leave it till they leave to lets us know about their stay with us.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate in calling me.
Again please accept my apologies that you didn't have the best stay with us

Regards
Keira O'Brien

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My wife and I arrived in Ireland in Dublin mid August 2011 and we drove clockwise throughout the country staying at over 10 different hotels. We stayed at 3 and 4 star hotels only, on August 27 due to Hurricane Irene our flight was rescheduled to Sept 1, 2011. I know a terrible thing, not only that the airlines paid for the room for the extra 5 days. On our way to the hotel we were worried that since we were not paying for this room, that we were going to be sent to a really bad dumpy hotel. Boy were we suprised. The rooms were HUGE and CLEAN. And the restaurant at the hotel is delicious! We tried 90% of the items on their menu, and they were all wonderful. The chef is talented.

Barbara at the front desk was wonderful, she helped us out every way possible. Very professional and personable was Barbara and the rest of the staff. The housekeepers were very polite and very thorough with their cleaning.

The room again was large for European standards. Our room had two beds with white down comforters, a separate area with a sofa (couch) and desk. My wife loved the bathroom the most, the largest in all of our trip. Very upto date and modern, with a shower and separate large tub.

When we return we are planning on staying there again.

Felix and Yvonne Camacho
Miami, Florida, United States

Room Tip: A room on the upper floor is great due to the wonderful breeze that comes through an open window at night.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family