All reviewsgolf courseleisure centreplay golfsteam roomspa treatmentslovely hoteldublin airportbar foodnext morninglast nightpleasant staycomfortable roomsbar areaclose to the airportan overnight stayshuttle buswedding
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Upon checking in to the hotel, we informed the receptionist that we had requested that our rooms were side by side. We clearly inconvienced her as she tutted at us despite our protests that we had requested this upon booking the hotel. Rooms were average size, two double beds pushed together, clean, tea and coffee making facilities, iron and hairdryer provided in the room. Did not eat in the restaurant in hotel. Receptionist recommended Masterson's Steakhouse in Swords which was fantastic and reasonably priced. Beds were very comfortable, pillows were hard. Slept well until 03.30am when a group of people (about 4-5) decided to converge outside of our room for 20 mins and shout and scream and laugh very loudly. Rang the night porter to try to disperse the group, needless to say he didn't turn up. We waited until the group decided it was time to go to bed. Arising the next morning (Tired) we were looking forward to breakfast. Good first impressions, nice silverware on the table but on closer inspection it was dirty. Breakfast was precooked and a serve yourself affair. Rashers had been cooked in the oven (No flavour from them), Eggs were cold despite being in the hot cooker. Asked the waitress for toast and she tutted at me and returned with the toast and slammed it on the table. Another pleasant waitress came over to ask us if there was anything we needed. Mentioned to the girl on checkout about the episode the previous night to which we got a half-hearted apology. I won't return to the Roganstown Hotel and Country Club. Maybe its my fault, I had huge expectations for this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Pregnancy message at Roganstown Spa in Swords, Fab, is all I can say. The best every. Worth every penny. Heather from Manchester is a dream. With two weeks to go till my due date was not sure I wanted someone to see any of the babyness. But was really relaxing and she knew all the pit falls and walked me through it. So mammy was happy and so was baby. If no sign of baby in two weeks going back for another treat. Recommend to all you pregnant ladies.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Rooms were adequate, that's all. Food was so-so and the breakfast was not good. Do NOT buy a hard liquor drink. Swimming pool was always filled with little kids taking lessons. The spa was broken. If you don't have a car you are stuck in the middle of no where. The desk staff were very helpful although they never did get our broken tub faucet fixed and we were there a week. The service staff did have an attitufe problem like someone else said. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Having stayed in Roganstown hotel in August with two young boys, we are only dying to get back there again. Beautiful hotel, lovely rooms, great views, superb leisure facilities, and only a ten min drive from Dublin. We also received some family outing vouchers, which just was the icing on the cake. Absolutely no complaints, a relaxing place, clean and comfortable, what more could one ask for.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Room and staff very nice. I enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the place.

The only thing I will say is I didn't like the food. I ordered pate for a starter and it was HUGE (almost sickning) and it had butter around the edges!! Yuck! Also they only give you two tiny bits of cracker to have with it....followed by that was the driest piece of chicken I think I have ever had. It tasted like it had been sitting under one of those heading lights for a long time.
After that followed their 'cheesecake' which was more like some type of creamy moose in a cup...I've never seen cheesecake served like this!

Overall nice place but the food was a real let down! Bland and boring!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ILiketoTravel035
FingalRaven, Owner at Roganstown Hotel and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

I"m very disappointed that you did not enjoy your food. If we had known on the evening we would have tried to sort it out. We normally get great reviews on our food. Perhaps you would contact the hotel reception and we would like to invite you and your partner for dinner to make up for your disappointment. I would like for you to meet our executive head chef Ross when you come and he can look after you personally.