All reviews golf course leisure centre steam room play golf spa treatments lovely hotel dublin airport bar food next morning last night comfortable rooms close to the airport an overnight stay wedding sakura golfers gemma
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel!
We wanted to stay close to the airport without feeling like we were actually in it!! there is a shuttle service should you need it.
The Staff were extremely friendly, and the food was exceptional. I would recommend an evening meal there, even if you were not staying as a hotel guest.
It is a little tricky to find, so I would either use a Sat Nav or make sure you have specific directions before trying to tackle the windy roads.
Will definitely return when going back to Dublin!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valmilexeter
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Last week I took my first trip up to Ireland (Dublin) and managed to find myself an excellent deal on the Roganstown Hotel. The rooms were lovely with comfortable beds and a working TV. The bathroom was beautifully decorated although my criticism being that the hot water and heating was very slow to start. The leasure facilities were pleasent, quiet and enjoyable to use with no disturbance of loud and rowdy children. My biggest criticism is that their breakfast was not the largest variety and having paid for the breakfast as an extra, I wasn't fully impressed. Although being a vegetarien, I wasn't expecting a full course meal, just more than a bowl of cereal and some toast.
However the slightly dull breakfast was justified by the exceptional service from the staff (particularly the reception staff) as being new to Ireland, they went the extra mile in helping us with directions and interesting things to do. After consulting them about the slow hot water, they immediately sorted it out and made sure that it didn't happen again.

Although I think the hotel may have a couple of small flaws; overall, it was actually a beautiful, peaceful and happy place - somewhere I certainly hope to visit again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a wedding recently and I wouldnt be going back again. The food at the wedding was average starters not even warm, service poor.
Ordered breakfast to the room the next morning it was late and I had to ring reception for it and when it came it was average and I only ate it because we had paid for it. The toast was soggy, rashers could bounce against the wall.
All in all I can think of much nicer hotels to stay in that offer better value for money anyway not a place I will be visiting again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Robbie00
Reviewed February 7, 2012

In the past I considered Roganstown Golf and Country Club pretentious, overblown by it's own original undeserved reputation.

Over the years I had many a dreadful experience there. In the restaurant, at organised functions, weddings, fund raisers and in that time when I went on Thursdays to the bar, for the live music and a snack: until the menu changed from affordable bites, to pricier snacks, to dinners.

Why did I persist? I don't know: it's local and deserved patronage, especially as when I complained I did get call backs to discuss my experience.

Now I think management has seen the light and are starting to provide good food, at a reasonable price, in the lounge. The restaurant is still a step to far, for me yet.

Last Saturday my Grandson rated the burger as in fourth place, after The Nuremore, Nanna's and Mamma's burgers: and that is praise indeed.

My scampi was enjoyable and Nanna's panini passed muster also.

The other diners seemed to be enjoying themselves as well, especially the man who commandeered the TV for the rugby, when two GAA league matches were also being broadcast live: brave man.

The black stuff went down a treat and since I was not driving, I lingered and had “a few”.

I will be back again soon. Everyone deserves a second chance.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lazarian
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed in roganstown on Saturday night as a pre valentines night away.we arrives and were met by a really friendly receptionist who seemed genuinely interested in how we were doing and tge friendliness was very natural andwas not forced or rehearsed as we have experienced in other hotels.we were very kindly upgraded as we had our wedding in the hotel in 2010.we were delighted with this and felt it was a really nice touch.the room was spacious,clean well stocked with luxury toiletries-like a home away from home.we had booked dinner in mcloughlins restaurant which was very reasonably priced for three courses and food was delicious.our waitress was extremely friendly,attentive to our needs and relaxed which made our dining experience even more enjoyable-we recently had a baby so it's a long time since we had a relaxed dinner so this was exactly the kind of experience we had been looking for.we had a couple of drinks in the bar after dinner which again had a lovely athmosphere with a mix of hotel residents and locals.the large blazing fire added to the homely feel of the bar.once in bed you forgot you were in a hotel as there we couldn't hear any other residents coming and going,which we believe is so important.
We had a lovely experience in roganstown,and on previous occasions when we have dropped in fit Sunday lunch and when we got married there.the staff are so friendly,attentive and nothing is too much to ask of them.they seem to do everything in their power to make your visit enjoyable.I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012