“fantastic visit, very much enjoyed”
Review of Moycarn Lodge

Moycarn Lodge
Ranked #12 of 23 Restaurants in Ballinasloe
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Phone (0)90 9645050
Description: Phone (0)90 9645050
Reviewed July 8, 2017

Not going to go into too much detail here as I think the title speaks for itself. Vistited here for dinner with my wife and parents (having not been here in a while) As far as I know its changed management a couple of times since my last visit, but the current management and staff are a credit. The food was excellent, and extraordinarily good value for money. Staff were courteous, friendly and efficient. Cant fault the place in anyway. Will certainly be back soon. I would like to see one thing however, maybe concider getting in a craft beer on draft or some bottled craft? Its becoming soo big now I think every place as good as this would be able to sell them.

1  Thank Dfinnerty

Reviewed February 2, 2017

Stayed a weekend with family and children we had a wonderful time, the setting here along the Shannon is just beautiful...

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

I brought 12 adults & 4 children to lunch on 18/12/2016 & we had a marvellous time. The food was excellent as was the ambience with Christmas tree plus decorations. Staff were friendly & service was very good even for the large group.

1  Thank 12Pud
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

We have popped into the Moycarn for dinner on more than one occasion and it is by far the nicest place for evening meals in the Ballinasloe area. The last time we went, we brought a friend of ours and his young daughter with us that were visiting from Dublin for a night. After a day in the playground the children were hungry, so we rang ahead with the children's order. Approximately 10 minutes later we arrived, and their meals were ready for us. Anyone that has children will know what a God send it can be to have the children seated and eating while you decide what to choose. We ordered the lamb chops ( not the first time I ordered them) and they were delicious. My wife ordered a chicken dish, and was able to substitute some elements with no hassle at all. The location is very picturesque with a large green area for children to play. My friend commented that the quality of the food was excellent and could rival many premises in Dublin.There is also accommodation available making The Moycarn a very attractive location to use as a base for a break away.

Reviewed May 5, 2016 via mobile

The food here was some of the blandest I've ever (not) tasted. This was not helped by the poor quality steak...at top quality prices.
The place was practically empty meaning atmosphere was non-existent.
The staff member we encountered was, however, very friendly and the only reason I haven't given one star.

1  Thank Coloc5