“Outstanding food - decor a little shabby though”

Mumbai Spice Maynooth
Ranked #31 of 45 Restaurants in Maynooth
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Mumbai Spice's experienced team from India have a singular passion for cooking delicious Indian food that combines the freshest of ingredients with a special emphasis on using only locally sourced suppliers to bring you a unique home dining experience. Our authentic dishes use 100% Irish meat to make your meal a unique blend of Indian cuisine and Irish produce - enjoy!
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

This review is of the (assumed temporary) small place on Main St in Maynooth - the hotel restaurant is being refurbed I think. I came here happy to find it, I didn't mind the interior as I was on my own, but I wouldn't come in a big group or with someone I wanted to impress. Whatever you think of the decor, the food was superb - the poppadoms came with really special chutney and sauce - the chicken chettibad dish I had was really tasty, one of the best I've ever had. Highly recommended (for the food)... Maynooth residents are really lucky to have this as a takeaway!

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Searched a while before we found this place as it is no longer in the hotel it is on the main street and is called Taj. The place itself is very small and quite grubby ; could do with a good facelift. That said our meal was very nice and quite reasonably priced. Waitresses a bit slow and nervy or cautious maybe they are new recruits but a bit more confidence and warmth required. Would go again.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

My friend and I ordered food from this restaurant last Friday night 06/01/17. I ordered a chicken dish. The meat I received was brown and chewy. I didnt eat much more of that but ate the korma sauce with naan bread. My friend had a tikka masala.
That Sunday night 08/01/17 I spent the night vomiting. I was still vomiting on Monday, so cancelled going to work and went to my gp. I was told I had gastroenteritis and advised to rest for the week. I didnt know why I was sick until I met the same friend yesterday(14/01/17). I mentioned I had been sick and the consequences of being sick. She told me she had the same symptoms and missed work also. Both of us suggested that the cause was the Indian food. I called the restaurant soon after to report this-I am 35weeks pregnant and wanted to know if there was any other complaints from that night that I should be aware of for my baby's sake, particularly anything that would suggest listeria. The staff that answered the phone couldnt help but took my details for the manager to call back. 24 hours later there was no call so I tried again. I was told the manager tried to phone but I didnt answer, this was not true as I had no missed calls.
Later the manager called. I explained what happened and was met with a very negative reaction from him, asking questions about my symptoms, asking me what my friend and I expected to gain from him,telling me that I have silly expectations as I come from a first world country. I continually brought him back to the point about the food as that was my concern. He insisted the food was fresh and freshly cooked. I ended the phone call due to his constant babbling and shouting. I was very reasonable and patient with the manager as I have been in his position in the past. Sadly he was neither with me.I wouldn't have complained only I am pregnant and my friend had the same symptoms.
I am concerned about how the food is prepared and stored in this establishment and what sources they use. I would also query the managers capacity to manage a restaurant.
I was offered the chance to view how the food is prepared but turned this down. I suggested a refund to compensate for the damage caused. I was informed they dont do refunds.

3  Thank haraic
Reviewed 11 December 2016

Stayed at the adjoining hotel for two weeks on a work trip and ate here 4 times.
Service was spot on nice chilled out quiet restaurant.
Good selection of Indian food they also have a Thai menu to choose From as well.
Reasonable price with the option to charge the bill to your hotel room.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Impossible to park in Maynooth town so tried the Hotel instead. Sunday evening 7ish. carvery closed was directed upstairs to Indian/Thai restaurant. Only two other dinners. Two menus Thai and Indian, not bad priced. Very quick service. shared platter to start nothing special , Very mild Korma and and Nasi Goreng. Both fine, empty plates. card machine didn't like my visa, so scrambling to pay. ( card worked fine elsewhere) for a while we where alone, family of five including young children came in. Efficient if soulless.