“Not so good”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Longford
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Not so good”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Bathroom was dirty, floor in the room seemed dirty, window in room wouldn't close, unaccommodating staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rachel813

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bailieborough, Cavan, Ireland
Reviewed 26 February 2012

my husband and I and 2 other couples stayed here last night and we have all agreed to share our opinion of this hotel. we had a very enjoyable stay the staff could not do enough for us and were very friendly, our rooms were lovely and we are all looking forward to spending a weekend there very soon.definitely worth the trip to longford

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra P
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed here for 2 week nights. Rooms and ensuite badly need upgrading. Very noisy as walls and floors appear paperthin. Bar food and breakfast was fine. Leisure center is good. Front desk staff seem disinterested. Asked for quiet room location but was not facilitated as was at top of stairs where every guest passed. Management and staff need to put in a better effort.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank buddylovespurdy
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My friend and I just come back from a lovely weekend away in Longford where we stayed here in the hotel...
we were greeted by a very helpful, pleasant, and informative lady at reception. We enjoyed a lovely 3 course meal. Our room was what was expected a place to sleep, it was clean and tidy. well supplied with shampoos etc., hair-dryer, iron and tea/coffee etc..
Upon leaving I reminded myself of when I looked on this website to see what the hotel was like that I almost changed my booking to another place of accommodation in the town based on other peoples opinion but having said that I am happy to say I didn't take note of there opinions and thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.
I would most definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a break away, stay over or any occasion

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank liketotravel087
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Food dire, service not much better and smell in our room, I don't want to kick a dog while it's down but whoever is in charge of this place would want to take the bull by the horns and turn this place around, leisure centre it's only saving grace, such a pity as it could be a great venue

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Leo234

Travellers are raving about these Longford hotels

Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Myself and my family stayed over the Christmas period for 2 nights.
Food was lovely and well priced. Room was spotless and clean.
Staff were very friendly and could not have been more helpful in terms of service for food, drink and use of the Leisure Centre
We would certainly stay there again and recomend the hotel to family and friends

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Catherine1599
Leitrim
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Visited the Longford Arms Hotel restaurant the other day, what a disappointment. Where does one start ...
The restaurant table when I came to sit down was still covered in left over food on plates and on the table, there was food on the floor and the area was a total mess. The restaurant was not too busy so there was no excuse for this.
I ordered the fish and as there were no chips available only potatoes I asked if some may be cooked for me, my request was greeted with a cheery yes no problem which was very nice. I took my dinner (carvery) with me and had to wait at least 10 mins for my chips, when they did arrive there was enough to feed 5 people, such an almighty waste !!

The waitress walking around had an apron on that had not it seemed seen a washing machine in 6 months, totally unacceptable and unnecessary in this day and age.

I will not be calling again to the Longford Arms Hotel for lunch as I do suspect there are more appealing and cleaner restaurants that theirs inn Longford Town

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank spencer2leitrim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longford
13.5 km away
Carrick Plaza Suites
#4 of 9 in Carrick-on-Shannon
28.9 km away
Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Longford Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!