“Great lunch spot”

McAteers The Food House
Ranked #11 of 29 Restaurants in Carlingford
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Bright and airy setting with plenty of seating. Service was efficient and friendly. We had two children with us and we all found fare to our liking....kids menu had a Salmon dish that our two devoured. My wife and I found our meals tasty and well prepared. We will go back again.

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

It was a really cold day in mid January and the streets were deserted. The menu in the window looked good so my wife and I dropped in to McAteers for lunch. I had spaghetti with sea food and a delicious, tarragon flavoured sauce, followed by fruit crumble and coffee. My wife had an open sandwich, followed by cheese cake and cappuccino. Great food and, very importantly, given the weather, warm.

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

We popped in late on Christmas Eve. There was a full menu with a good choice of dishes, including vegetarian. The fish salad was excellent,lots of fish and great value. It tasted fresh and crisp. Deserts where huge, coffee good. The staff where friendly and very patient given the three young children we had with us. The decor good with interesting local photos. It’s a clean and spacious venue. Worth a stop, particularly if a fee of you and you have children

Reviewed December 14, 2017

This was my first visi to the Food House and it will not be my last. There were 18 of us for Christmas lunch and we were not disappointed. Our tables were very nicely decorated and staff were really friendly and very attentive to our needs. There was a great selection of food to choose from on then Christmas menu. The food being served to us was something you would see on Master Chef.The food was delicious and only empty plates went back to the kitchen.

1  Thank Maryfra
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Really nice spot for Sunday morning breakfast. Served til 12. Husband had the omelette. I had the smoked salmon with scrambled eggs & Wheaten bread. Our daughter had the pancakes. She's 10 & found the portion size a bit small. Nutella & syrup on the side saved the day. All was delish. Quick pleasant service. Deli counter looks gorgeous & nice little shop at the entrance. Good little stop.