Meadow View B&B
US$124
Travelocity
US$82
US$73
The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa(Enfield)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$176
Castle Arch Hotel(Trim)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$153
US$148
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsher husbandireland vacationdublin airportoffered teawithin walking distancewonderful staytraditional irish breakfastfantastic hostswould stay here againcomfortable roomshort drivecounty meathboyne valleynorahostesshousegrange
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed in Meadow View with my mom, dad and 2 sisters. We were in Navan for a wedding and so stayed over for 2 nights. I felt compelled to write a review as just out of interest I read the reviews here and the last was so different from my own experience!

Our rooms were immaculate and the beds extremely comfortable, which is of paramount importance when staying in any B&B.

Nora, the owner, was exceptionally friendly and gave us great tips on what to do and great places to eat. A great advantage I felt was the location of this B&B. Many of the other B&Bs when researching where to stay were outside the town and would require taxis etc but this one was in walking distance to the town.

I was amazed at the size of the beautiful garden and as we happened to be there on an especially nice weekend we spent some time out in the seated area in the gardens having some tea and soaking up the sun.

Overall I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone visiting the area. I look forward to going back one day!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Susannah27
Reviewed June 2, 2011

At 70 Euros this was the most expensive of the 12 B&B's we stayed in all over Ireland. The double bed was comfortable, but the room was cold. The owner turned on the heat upon request but only for an hour morning & evening. The room was not sufficiently warm. The breakfast was basic. Nice poached eggs for me. Rubbery scrambled eggs for my husband, without the sausages he requested. 2 very small glasses of orange juice. Small selection of cereal. We did not feel welcome in the way that we did at other B&B's, where the hospitality was genuine, the food very good & plentiful, the tariff 60-64 Euros per couple for superior, large, heated rooms.

Room Tip: Phone ahead
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WarwickKangaroo
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Thirteen years ago, we made our 1st trip to ireland, and stayed at Meadow View. When we went back last week, we made it a point to stay here again - that's how much we liked it! Thankfully, nothing had changed - everything in our room was still spotless and the gardens were manicured. Nora is a B&B pro who has a gift for making guests comfortable and welcome. Navan might not be a place too many people think of to stay, but it's smack in the middle of all that Meath has to offer tourists (Kells, Newgrange, Slane, Trim,Tara) and convenient to/from Dublin airport. (about 30 min and you don't have to fight Dublin traffic). Thanks to Nora for a great stay all those years ago and an equally great one this week! One last thing, all rooms have free wifi.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovewine
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Immaculate B&B is a wonderful stay. It is very clean and comfortable. It even has a small rugby pitch in back. Nora, with 20 years in the business, has cut no corners in furnishing or decorating the place. She has a heart for service and very helpful in seeing the area. Make sure you visit Newgrange, with 3000 year old tombs with Neolithic writings (older than the pyramids). Make time to visit both the Knowth and Newgrange tombs (4 hours, arrive early or book online).

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank L0st_And_C0nfused
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I stayed here with my wife and 3 year old boy while visiting friends in Ireland while on a trip home from china. Its easy to find, we found everyone very friendly and helpful, big grounds and car park and wonderfull breakfast in the morning .. worth a stay :)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family