Ardboyne Hotel
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
US$73
US$70
The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa(Enfield)(Great Value!)
US$182
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswedding receptionfamily functionthe early bird menufood was amazingbar foodfunction roomnext morningbit datedfrom start to finishwould highly recommend this hotelrooms were spotlessthree course mealstaff were brilliantspecial thanksfamily breaklovely hoteldouble bed
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Stayed here for one night on business and found it to be very comfortable. It was very welcoming with a warm ambience in the reception area. The hotel is a little dated but then that might be the look theyre going for. Allana on reception was very friendly and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable but could do with a facelift. TV only had RTE channels but pitchure was best ive seen in a hotel in ireland for ages. One of my bugbearers when staying in Hotels in the South of Ireland. The tv was placed up above head hight which also really annoys me. Cheap plastic mattress cover which I always have to remove as they make me sweat.My room window looked onto a corridor which people walked up and down during evening so felt I needed to have the curtains closed as they could easily see into the bedroom. This is now nic picking to be honest. Didnt eat in the bar but watched the match and again had a warm ambience and the staff were friendly. Overall, i would return but only at the current price as any dearer it would deff need to update the decor.

Room Tip: One which wasnt looking into the corridor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights. The room was clean and tidy, though the service for the rooms were completed quite late on the the day, which made me feel as though i had to stay out later than i would have normally. The girls who did service the rooms were very friendly and helpful. Most of the receptionists that i dealt with were really friendly though there was one who was quite curt and dismissive on all occasions I dealt with her, it was a pity as the others were so nice.
The breakfast every morning was good, the service was attentive, though at times the orders were wrong and when busy the one member of staff was strained, or at least appeared to be.
We ate in the bar area a couple of nights for dinner, their children's menu was for the most part the normal fried foods or plain pasta. The adults menu was very appealing and on the first visit i had the Beef Chow Mien, which was really good, I had it a couple of times, though once when the bar was very busy (function on) the standard in the food dropped, the beef was cold, and not as tasty as my previous experiences of it.
I had a ground floor room which i had requested as i was staying with a child. On a couple of the nights there were functions on and the noise level got to be quite high and disturbing for me and my sons sleep. There was also a wedding function on mid week and as the bedrooms were accessible through just a double set of doors there were a lot of children running along the hallways quite late on in the evening, which wouldn't have happened if the keys were required to access the bedrooms.
I think though that if there were some leisure facilities a gym or the likes the stay would have been much more enjoyable.
All in all it was a pleasant stay and as I am in the area a lot I more than likely will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Joeanne M
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We got married in July 2011 in this hotel, It was amazing, the food was amazing, the staff were fantastic and so attentive all day, The guests were very happy, The garden was beautiful and we got fantastic photos, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Stayed here as a member of the family was having a birthday party in this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpfull.
But the bedrooms badly need a good cleaning and a lick of paint would not go a miss.
The room we stayed in had the climbing plant from the wall outside growing inside the room as well. The floor carpet had seen better days and there was dust on dressing table in the room.
We will give this hotel a miss in the future.

Room Tip: There are no best rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank headwrecker
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We couldn't praise the Ardboyne management and staff enough for making our wedding day extra special and hassle free. Any request no matter how big or small was dealt with both efficiently and without fuss.
On the wedding day everything ran so smoothly and all our guests commented on how beautiful the food and venue were.
The management and staff were a pleasure to deal with and I would definitely recommend the Ardboyne hotel for a wedding.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family