“Faultless stay!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Dublin, Ireland
“Faultless stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Bellinter House is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! The room was beautiful, food was amazing and I couldn't fault the service. The spa was fantastic too. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here to attend a wedding at nearby Kilmessan Station House.

We really loved the "shabby chique" way the hotel has been decorated. Our room was nice, with a great shower and bed. The breakfast also was one of the better hotel breakfasts I've had lately. Our room did not have aircon, however the old-fashioned solution of opening the window worked like a charm.

Of course, there is always room for something to improve: in the afternoon the service in the drawing room was very, very slow... Also, as I am quite tall, I noticed houskeeping had forgotten to dust certain spots for quite some time (top/back of the TV was extremely dusty).

On of the nicer hotels I've stayed in for quite some time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Liam010
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Prior to our return to the States after a week in Ireland we recently spent a night at Bellinter House, just north of Dublin. The hotel is almost 300 years old and set in pleasant grounds on the banks of the river Boyne. The reception area is in the main foyer of the original house and you really get a feel for the history of the place as you go up the steps and into the lobby. Our room was off the courtyard (r2) and was very spacious with wide planked wooden floors, a large bathroom, a big flat panel TV and a refrigerator stocked with champagne among other drinks.There was also a good selection of teas and coffees in the room including green tea. The public rooms are comfortable and elegant and give you an idea of how wealthy landowners lived in the Ireland of the 1700s - a bit like a smaller version of Downton Abbey! Although we didn't use them on this occasion, we took a look at the swimming pool, sauna and hot tub. The heated indoor pool looked extremely inviting - next time maybe! We dined in the Eden restaurant located in the cellar of the house, a white space with interesting vaulted ceilings. The restaurant was surprisingly busy for a Sunday night in February, maybe because the food was outstanding. The Quail and Foie Gras appetizer and Lamb Shank main course were incredible and service was friendly and unobtrusive. For breakfast the next morning we ordered the "Full Irish" which was available in addition to a selection of cold breakfast dishes on the buffet and items such as pancakes and french toast as well as a complimentary newspaper. Again the food and service could not be faulted. Overall we had an extremely enjoyable stay at Bellinter and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a short break in a lovely hotel with great food and excellent leisure facilities. If you are a tourist looking for a unique hotel within a half hour of Dublin airport Bellinter is a great choice for your last night in Ireland.

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms in the main house but I guess you need to book early to get one of these!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LINYKenmare
Dublin,, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I was so disappointed with my recent stay at Bellinter House. I brought my 82 yr old mother for what was to be a relaxing break but it was the total opposite. This Hotel is totally unsuitable for the elderly as access to the Hotel is by steps only and all the bedroom areas require using stairs. The dining room is also only accessible by stairs( spiral) a nightmare ! The Spa is a separate building as is the swimming pool so you have to walk between all the buildings...not nice with typical Irish weather. Anyway, we had to eat our lunch on our laps in the drawing room. Food was good but very much nouvelle cuisine, not for the mega hungry. The best thing about this break was the treatments, the best I've had, and I'm a seasoned Spa customer.The House itself is a bit drab as are the walls in the dining room....whitewashed without a painting or anything interesting. The lighting in the bedrooms was awful, couldn't even read it was so dim. Overall you just don't get the feel of comfort or luxury at all....very dissapointing.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jennifer H
Newbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Just back from another fantastic stay at Bellinter, as always this place is so relaxing, service impeccable, gorgeous food and great rooms. Can't wait to return. Thanks again.

Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here with a group of girls a few weeks ago and had a fantastic time. Had been here two years ago so was hoping it would be as good as before and was not dissapointed. Hear there is new management and can see a lot of work has been done to the place.Food was excellent and service was great. Very relaxed atmosphere and something very chic about the place! Can't wait to go back and bring the other half!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Rye, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Due to other commitments over the last few months, I am only getting to this review now. I live relatively close to this place and stayed in it many years ago many times, prior to it being a hotel. It was my friend's 40th birthday so I suggested I would take her here for lunch and a few glasses of prosecco as a treat. We asked for menu's which we were given to us when we ordered our drinks at the bar and we went out into the garden with our drinks and eventually a waitress came to take our food order. After we received our drinks, we were then approached by the Manager who said that they were unable to give us food as they had a wedding taking place that day and the bar/restaurant was in fact closed to the public. She added that there was a sign at the entrance gate but I pointed out that the sign was not clearly visible to either of us when we drove in or we would have respected that. To say that I was completely irked was an understatement. We were allowed to order drinks and were handed menus by a member or staff who did not inform us of the wedding taking place and that the property was closed to the public. It was completely unprofessional and unnacceptable to serve us and then ask us to hurry up and leave. The manager dealt with it very unprofessionally and was not at all sympathetic and to add insult to injury there was no apology. With regard to our food order - she relented and gave us the option of a salad and BBQ chicken wings or ...... a salad and BBQ chicken wings (which we reluctantly agreed to as we had drinks in front of us and we were extremely hungry at this stage). The food is bland mediocre and over-priced. I have to say that this kind of standard in customer service seems to becoming a lot more prevailant in Irish hotels and restaurants in recent times. With so many places now in the hands of NAMA or receiverships, surely, the staff and management should be acutely aware of the value of professional hospitality and customer service and the recurring revenue such positive experiences will generate. The service is shoddy and poor and it is shocking to get this 'experience' coming from the management who ought to be setting a good example to the staff team. I definitely will NOT be coming back to Bellinter House. Ever. And I will be passing the word to everyone I know. Such an appalling and totally over-rated experience in a beautiful country house that looks like it was interior decorated and furnished by Stevie Wonder. Good riddance!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else where you will get value for money and be treated in a welcome manner.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank Sharon00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
6.1 km away
Ardboyne Hotel
#3 of 4 in Navan
23.6 km away
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Bellinter House? Share your experiences!