“AFG SPICE N TASTE AN EXCELLENT DESCRIPTION OF THE FOOD”
Review of Spice N'Taste

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spice N'Taste
Ranked #11 of 14 Restaurants in Castleblayney
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 29, 2014

Having read the other reveiws the restaurant they are referring to is the Spice n taste Royal Tandoori restaurant Main St Castleblayney This has been closed for some months. However there is a spice n taste section at the AFG Pizza bar also in the Main St. The Quality of the curries from here can only be described as excellent, the speciality curry chef here is happy to discuss clients requirements and cook accordingly not only that he cooks in open view while you wait.
I asked for chicken sagwalla with fried chillies and a little fresh chopped coriander it was truly superb. To ensure it was not just luck I tried it again when the place was busier the result was just the same. A true little bit of spice heaven. I just wish it was a little closer to birmingham

1  Thank englishfootballfan

Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

I cannot believe the low low standard of food from this restaurant . My mother got severe food poisoning . Should be inspected by health and safety

2  Thank Jemc5
Reviewed October 16, 2011

vile. horrible food. if your looking for food poisoning go here. had better Indian meals from Tesco!

2  Thank GMCK25
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Please do not visit this restaurant. My husband and I went in on a Saturday evening and although the staff (well one woman) welcomed us we were not told until we had ordered our food that they have no liquor liscense. We were told we could go accross the road and buy some to bring in but as the weather was terrible we diclined. The starters were OK but the mains were so bad we could not eat them. I ordered a chicken Satay and what arrived was more like a Korma with a few almonds sprinkled on top. My husband had a Bhuna which was very fatty and the prawns smelled really off. There were other poeple who arrived at the restaurant who were not aware that you could not have a drink and seemed quite happy to go out again and buy alchohol so maybe it is just me. Anyway, please if you fancy a good curry on a Saturday give this place a miss.

2  Thank Heldo