“Always good ”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dickson
Description: Locally owned seafood & steak restaurant with a large menu. Large seating areas for larger groups with private rooms available for banquets, meetings, receptions or just parties. Serving Sunday Brunch from 10 to 1. Oyster Happy Hour on Thursdays from 4-7 featuring 75 cent raw and 99 cent grilled oysters.
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Nothing here will blow you away, but I’ve never had anything here that wasn’t good. Staff has always been friendly and even though I’m always here with a big group, food arrives pretty quickly. Seafood, steaks, and all the things you’d expect in that type of place. Worth visiting for sure.

1  Thank crgarner7

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

Once upon a time Powerhouse was a great place to go on game weekends. We went this week for the first time in several years. Upon walking in I noticed a really stinky fish smell. We were led to a table outside thank goodness. The crab rolls were still great but everything other thing that our table of 6!ordered was just absolutely terrible. The gumbo and bisque were like Campbell’s out of a can. Pasta Alfredo was like glue. Salad was tasteless. Shrimp and rice were terrible. To top it all off, our service was just terrible. We repeatedly had to ask a waiter to get our waitress to come to our table. She never voluntarily checked on us. And no one was there! So I’m not sure what she was doing. Will never return.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

The food is tasteless and gruesome. When we tried bringing something to their attention it was constant belittling and management telling us we were wrong. I don't think I am wrong when I order a well done steak and it come out hardly cooked! The old owners (son) was made for the restaurant industry.

1  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

What a treat tonight. The service was amazing. Wish I could remember our servers name. Cute blonde with long hair and a cat/ man tattoo. She was the best. Took great care of us. The shrimp cocktail was fresh and delicious. Corn bread muffins were a treat. Wine list was great and all of our dinners were delicious. Even the desserts were great.

Reviewed February 8, 2018

Okay, I don’t watch the food channel or know the Iron Chef from Iron Butterfly (which also gives you an idea of my age). Had dinner after a show at the Walton Art Center, one block away - and gave us a ten percent discount. Had crab roll appetizer with a unique and delicious raspberry dip, clam strips, hush puppies and cole slaw. The clams and hush puppies can be greasy or heavy, but neither was. Cole slaw is so often wet and leaves a strong aftertaste, but this was a good palate cleanser. Cornbread muffins, a complimentary bread, a plus. And all of these, okay not the slaw, good with the raspberry sauce. Decor, an old power plant, interesting but not cold industrial. I know servers can change, ours was great, but there were three servers for three tables (it was 4:00 just when it opened for dinner) so management philosophy must be to serve the customer.