See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2014 via mobile

The most depressing place I have stayed ever. Old and needs a complete upgrade.
I booked 2 nights and when I arrived told the desk I only wanted one, cancelled the second night verbally.
Next day went to check out, girl refused to cancel booking and said I did not request this the day before?? She did not request I do this via booking. com but because I had not done so, insisted I pay for the 2 night. I stayed after a heated discussion, but honestly, I should have just walked out.
The bathroom had bad smell. Bed was ok and view is the only thing going for the room and the view from the breakfast room is great too- Unfortunately the breakfast was poor and coffee awful.
Internet weak and dropping out- not in room at all, as advertised.
No sympathy from staff at all. Not trained in customer service.
I hated my stay in this place, other places for similar rates far better value. Ladies on every corned selling rooms- I would go with them next time. If a customer tells the front desk they are very unhappy and wish to leave, I suggest you make apologies and do not demand payment for a second night. It's not worth to bad publicity!!

Date of stay: September 2014
5  Thank ChristineN714
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife visited Nazare 30 years ago as a child and remembered the sleepy fishing village and her Dad helping pull in the nets and watch the old ladies dry the fish on the beach. It is still beautiful, especially looking down from the magnificent high cliffs but tourism has stripped the place of all it's charm. This Hotel has also seen better days. On the plus side, it's in a very good location for the beach, the cliffs and funicular railway and the air-con was first rate, on the negative, the rooms are very very basic, the Wifi signal so bad we had to camp out at reception to connect. If you arrive by bus then stop in for a coffee at the nearest cafe and then ask them to call you a taxi. They exist, but hide out in a backstreet somewhere. It's a 2km + walk otherwise.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sk0l
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here for two nights a few days ago. We are traveling throughout Portugal without having reserved in advance and as we arrived in Nazare, we thought we would spend a day on the beach. Two mistakes: the first was this hotel. It is clean enough but thoroughly lacking in character. The rooms are very old and need updating. The bathroom has a sewer smell when you take a shower, the breakfast room is really minimal (as is the breakfast). All that for 70 euros a night which is very expensive for what you get (I should add that this is for a room without a view nor balcony). I think you can get much better value elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank TSinParis
Reviewed October 30, 2006

The hotel was awful,the electric plugs were hanging off(very dangerous in the bathroom).There was an awful smell of sewerage,we eventually managed to change rooms because of this! The minibar was empty and the bar and restaurant were closed even though they were all advertised as in use.When we complained about the smell to the receptionist she just shrugged her shoulders and didnt care.The breakfast was ok,and the lady who prepared it was lovely,shame about the rest though.I would never stay here again and would strongly advise anyone else to avoid it like the plague !!

Date of stay: October 2006
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank SueandTerry
Reviewed January 21, 2006

Located about 200 metres from the beach and centre of lovely little seaside town a short drive from Lisbon. Stayed overnight cheap tarif,on street parking althought roped off, rooms decor a bit tired but clean, simple contential breakfast in dining room on top floor with great views over town to the beach. Good walks along the beach front step back in time seeing the authentically dressed old fisher ladies salt drying and selling sardines along the beach front.

Date of stay: September 2005