All reviews sinaia monastery art nouveau the main street train station visit this place don't expect too much nice garden excellent weekend beds were comfortable charming place pleasant stay beautiful building quiet street enjoyed our stay buffet breakfast large room walking distance
Reviewed September 7, 2018

We stayed again at Villa Camelia from Sinaia, this year between 10 to 12 August 2018. I booked with breakfast. Me, my mom and my 10yo son enjoy this villa every year. It has a palace charm with rooms that reflect the luxurious size of a castle. The original architect of this villa is no other than the architect that did the Peles Castle so this is felt as soon as you get in. This year I saw a new addition – a new eating area, done with lots of attention to detail to keep it in the time frame the villa was built. In the eating area the light, the arched designed windows, the floor and the chandeliers look gorgeous, making your breakfast, lunch or dinner experience grandiose. The room we stayed in was room 6, which is very large, but all their rooms, and they have around 20, are very large, with very high ceilings, each room designed with different layout. These rooms are a delight as size. In the room is also a little fridge, a kettle, coffee and tea, big, hand and small towels and hair dryer. The price is not bad either. It is a very good place for families with kids. The place is also very quiet. The thick walls provide a sound barrier and it seems that no one is in any room when they are in fact. No hotel would give you these large rooms, at this price and so close to so many places. The bathroom still had the water overflow problems noticeable when doing a bath mostly. I hope they’ll remedy this for the next year. The beds were comfortable, the view from the room is breath taking – the morning sun is so bright there that you think you are at the sea side. The breakfast is a must to try. The breakfast is in a buffet style but everyday is a different selection presented very nicely, with heart, taste and passion. The lunch and dinner however are lacking any of these, unfortunately. After a dinner there we decided to avoid lunch or dinner there. In the villa they were installing an elevator. Sadly, it was not done until we left so I can’t say much about it. I would’ve like to have it available for my mom that is 84 but was not ready yet. Overall, I saw some improvements, which is great. I hope they can continue and spruce it up a bit with some new carpets, rugs and furniture. I am looking forward to seeing it again next year.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2018

This building had the same architect as the "Peles" castle, it is a very beautiful building.
It does not seem to big and it has a cosy feeling about it. But aside from this, the rooms are very spacious, the bathrooms as well ( they have a bathtub). The beds are comfortable and i liked the fact that the furniture, although it is newer, integrated in the design of the building itself. The food was very good, the portions were big and the value for money was more than ok. Would definitely come back at this place anytime i go to Sinaia.The location is quiet, although close to the center.Loved it.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed July 10, 2018

My wife and I stayed overnight here during our Transylvanian holiday. The property is located away from the main street and is nice and quiet. The internal timber stairways give it the rustic feel. It is old but fairly well maintained. The room was clean and bed comfortable however the bathroom could do with some updating. Breakfast was basic.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable room and great breakfast. The friendly assistance from Alexandra, Iona and Andreea made our explorations of the area so much easier. They helped us in our planning as well as contacting our future bookings in other villages. We stayed in room 6 with a balcony and a surprising spa bath!
Although in beautiful green surrounds, the vila is a very short walk down to the shops and restaurants.
My wife and I stayed for three days and can’t recommend it highly enough.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2018

we stayed for one night while travelling around Romania. this Hotel was very traditional, we were given the room at the front which had 2 balconies so though we were only staying one night we managed to sit outside and enjoy the magnificent views. the breakfast in the morning was meats and cheeses with some other foods we weren't sure of but was nicely presented, we were also offered an omelette which was very well cooked.
The room also had a Jacuzzi bath so after a long day of sight seeing we came back to the hotel with a bottle of prosecco which was £4 from the shop on the main street and enjoyed relaxing in the bubbles.
We very much enjoyed our stay, the walk to the hotel from the train station was very easy even with suitcases as there are steps straight across from the station then after walking slightly round the park you find some more stairs that brings you out just below the hotel, saves the walk round the windy roads. the Monastery is only just further up the road that then leads to the pathway to Peles castle so the hotel was in a good position.
The only slight problem was checking out as we had to pay though I had a receipt that showed that we had paid Expedia already, we paid as this was Expedia's fault which meant I then had to make a 20 minute phone call when back home to rectify. The hotel says that they never except money from the holiday companies so be aware, the room was only £40 a night , worth every penny..
we did though find a pair of glasses on the floor nearly under the sofa so maybe they need to inspect a bit more thoroughly.

Date of stay: May 2018