All reviews family business communal kitchen restaurant downstairs multilingual staff walking distance nice terrace rosa morocco ferry port hostel gibraltar laundry pros cons balcony accommodation
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I stayed here for a night after getting off the late ferry from Ceuta (Spanish territory on the coast of northern Africa). Staff were bilingual and incredibly helpful and friendly. Lots of information available for those wanting to ferry to Morocco, the train to Rhonda or Seville, or the bus around to Gibraltar. Hostel is located walking distance from all three major transport hubs (port, bus and train stations). I used all three during my 24-hour stay. There is a brilliant tapas bar downstairs which stays open late and it's only a short walk into the central plazas of Algeciras.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2017

spacious room with attached bathroom. clean and friendly staff. got extra space at the roof top to do laundry and cooking and also to have dining together with friends. location wise very strategic and secured accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank FaraMohd
Reviewed June 8, 2017

Pros: This place is much nicer than it looks in the pictures. It isn't fancy, but it has everything you need. Comfy bed, clean, very functional bathroom, good lighting, great multilingual staff. There was even a handout with a map and local info on it. Highly recommend it.

Cons: It was located up a set of stairs. Not the quietest place, but I slept well.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank SusanSSS
Reviewed April 24, 2017

This hostel had everything you could want - the location is an easy walk to the port, bus and train station. So good place to stay for the ferry to Morocco, the train to Ronda or a day trip by bus to Gibraltar. Rosa the owner was extremely helpful with information on what to see. The room was clean and upstairs there was a communal kitchen which we made use of to cook meals. Restaurants and nice market nearby. And all of this for a bargain price, what more could you want!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for the night before the ferry from Tarifa to Tangiers. The staff were very friendly the rooms very clean and a good shower and some rooms have a balcony. Was warmly greeted by the owner when I arrived at 10pm. There's a patio on the roof where you can make a brew and even cook a small meal if you want. I had a lovely nights sleep. I couldn't find fault if I wanted. I was going to Tangiers for 4days and nothing booked for my return so where should I stay for my last 2 nights before flying out of Gibraltar if they had a room I was staying here which is what I did and the standard was just as high. 10 minutes walk to to bus station and the port and there's a lovely tapas bar next door

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo