All reviews el corte ingles marriott hotel garage parking minute walk very comfortable room stayed one night front desk staff room key train station walking distance rental car la linea top floor gibraltar port morocco ferry
Reviewed October 21, 2017

This AC hotel was nicer than the one in La Linea de la Concepción. My room was spacious and clean. Nice bathroom. However, I arrived there in the evening and realized that it is somewhat on the edge of town. There are no restaurants with the several blocks that I walked around the hotel. I returned and had dinner in the hotel restaurant. The menu is limited. The lamb chops I ordered had almost no meat on them and were barely cooked, even though I like rare meat. It looked like the lamb had been running away and they threw a cleaver at it, obtaining only fragments. The couple next to me had fish which they said was overly salty. It almost seems like the restaurants in these hotels are afterthoughts, serving only food that can be prepared hastily.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
acalgeciras, General Manager at AC Hotel Algeciras, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and sharing your experience with the AC Hotel Algeciras.
You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in our dinner service.
You are a valued customer, everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Thank you very much again for your feedback and attention to us.

AC Hotel Algeciras

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Please don't stay here if you like cleanliness. When I arrived there were stains on my sheet. I called the recptionist and she sent housekeeping to change it. Great! After housekeeping left, I went to the bathroom and the shower and sink looked like it was not cleaned in months.

The toilet smelled foul like it was just used with a particle in it, so I called the reception again and asked why the room wasn't cleaned. She was defensive and kept telling me it was cleaned. I told her to give me another room, she agreed. I told her I would prefer to check the room first when I did, that room was also not cleaned. There was hair in the shower and towels on the floor which suggests that it was cleaned. Suffice to say we end up cleaning the bathroom after the housekeeping only cleaned the toilet.

Also, I paid for breakfast which was at 7 am, I had to leave at 6:00, breakfast was already laid out, asked the receptionist if I could just grab something from the table since it was ready and he refused to allow me. Kept saying breakfast was at 7 am.

At the end, even though there are not a lot of hotels in this area, you be better off staying in the park or parking lot than being traumatized at this nasty hotel. Even the bathrooms at the close by ferry station were cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank salbilla
acalgeciras, General Manager at AC Hotel Algeciras, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and sharing your experience with us.
You indicated in your response taht your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.
You are a valued customer, everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hote experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Thank you very much again for your feedback and attention to us.

AC Hotel Algeciras.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

This hotel was very comfortable and clean. Nothing fancy, very comfortable and easy to get to. The parking garage was safe as you needed your room key to get in and out, although very small stalls. The breakfast was ok, buffet continental style. I wasn't aware that it was $11, but then again, it was ok. The staff was great in cleaning up the tables and were very attentive to the buffet as far as filling up what was needed. They work very hard.

Room Tip: Close to shopping and in the middle of the city. Basically a business hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

A bit outside of the city center this hotel was quite adequate for us as we were transiting from Gibraltar to Séville. The rooms were quite clean and the price was right including parking. You have to walk a bit to get to the restaurant section

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

After a long business trio it was a good to sleep there o a big soft bed :) .
Actually i really liked it and all staf was very kind and friendly. Rooms conditio is without any remakrs are ok and worth to be called GOOD.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo