“The Spanish were queuing to eat here!!”
Review of La Cantina

La Cantina
Reserve with
La Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 156 Restaurants in Antequera
Cuisines: Bar
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Great Spanish fast food, very cheap but very tasty. 2 beers, 2 tinto veranos, selection of grilled fish, chips and large house salad only 16Euros, Terrific value. Very friendly staff too

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank 68IanM

Reviewed April 29, 2018

We had passed this restaurant a few times but decided to stop there on an evening of thunderstorms. We sat in the covered pavement area, which was quite comfortable despite thunder, lightning, and pouring rain outside.

The menu offers the option of half-size portions for most dishes, so we decided to go for a few of those; however, when I got onto ordering a fourth dish, the waitress warned me that three would be enough for the two of us - and she was right! The servings were generous enough that I checked with her that these were half-portions, and the quality of the food was very good. The menu offers a good selection of food, with quite a few seafood options.

We had a couple of glasses of the house red, which was a very good rioja, and I finished with a generous gin. People at a nearby table were drinking litres of draught beer, which I might have opted to try if I had known they were available.

The price for our meal - including water, coke, wine and gin - was very reasonable. I'll make sure to eat here next time we are in Antequera, and will recommend it to friends who live nearby.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank M1DXB
Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Really pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food here and the price was very reasonable too.

Date of visit: March 2018
2  Thank Tom S
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Having read several good reviews of this restaurant my wife and I decided to try it and we were not disappointed. It was buzzing when we arrived and we had to wait ca. 15 minutes for a table. But the owner was very attentive, brought drinks to us and provided us with a tiny table to rest the drinks on whilst we waited. Once seated the service was slick and professional, with good food at very reasonable prices. In fact it was so good we decided to return the next day for my birthday.

Once more it did not disappoint and we were made to feel like long lost locals by all the staff. It is owned and run by a young couple called Anna and Victor who attend to their business with obvious joy and attention to detail. AND, the place is spotless. We shall be returning again in the not too distant future.

Footnote. I am not sure why but the ratings system on this page has stopped working for me. But suffice to say I give it 5* for Service, Food and Value.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank Iain C
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

What a amazing place to eat, such amazing staff, some of the nicest food we had in Spain, can't forget about the la tanque, a whole litre of beer...

Date of visit: September 2017