See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Booked a room in a mixed four bed dorm and ended up having a room to myself. Room was good size and nice bathroom. Wifi worked well and staff were friendly. Parking onsite wasn't free but there was parking on a side street. Place was slightly hidden out the way. Staff were very friendly. Spa was closed. Place was very quiet, not many people there.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2016

It was like the place was deserted. Facilities were good and the place was clean. Don't drink the coffee they serve at breakfast, it's dire. Staff are friendly and discounts for under 26 I think. Good for a shirt stay.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank DCaveman
Reviewed March 24, 2016

This hostel is a good, clean, basic, purpose-designed hostel. It's a bit of an uphill walk from the modern city centre, but it's right in the middle of the old city, which is presumably what people have come to see. Check-in was easy, and the guy at reception spoke English as well as Spanish. I was originally overcharged for my booking, but when I returned with proof of my booking the receptionist apologised and refunded the difference. There is free wifi, but it could be pretty sketchy at times and places.

The facility itself is modern, seemingly purpose-built as a hostel. I stayed in a two-bed 'dorm' room with its own bathroom and linen/towel included, which was clean, functional and perfectly adequate to my needs. There was a downstairs lounge/common area, which was unlit and totally empty throughout my visit. The breakfast room/kitchen was likewise closed for my entire two-night, three-day stay, despite being advertised on the booking website. There was zero social atmosphere and zero kind of interaction with anyone except the receptionist the entire time, though I know there were several other guests - it had something of the atmosphere of a mausoleum. This may have been because it was the off-season (February), but the overall impression I got was of a good facility being completely underused. I'd be interested to see what it's like in July, but personally I was disappointed in the lack of 'hostel' involved in what was essentially a cheap (though clean and decent) hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2015

Yes it is basic, the room was described as an apartment but there where no facilities you would associate with one. There is car parking next door which is convenient. The swimming pool was out of action(still). The reception staff spoke english and of the three we met, two were helpful and friendly. The room was clean. The beds a little on the hard side. Wi fi in the rooms was not working, it was available in the reception areas.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2015

I have recently moved to Jaén, Andalucía from a foreign country to do a six-month stay there. I had heard stories about Spanish people not speaking any English, so when I first got to the hostel, I was surprised about the English language service they provided. There is a cleaning service each day, so the cleanness is provided for. In addition, you can meet many new people, which is a good thing, in case you are travelling alone. Also, they are quite flexible about everything: if you want to extend your stay there, you can do so without any problem. The staff is nice and friendly, they actually remembered my name and greeted me by that when I returned to the hostel in the middle of the night. Te neighbourhood is quiet. I would recommend the hostel for all kind of people, may they be travelling alone or with friends. The only thing you need to know is that the hostel is located UP in the city, which means taking a taxi is a good way of arriving at the hostel. I was walking, because it is only one kilometer (0.62 mile) away from the bus station.

Room Tip: Since the neighborhood is so quiet, I would not thing that you encounter any noise of traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo