All reviews nerja caves small balcony town centre maro receptionist
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Cheap hotel with small but nice swimming pool. Hotel is far from city centre, so don’t expect to walk. 200 metres from Nerja caves. Hotel room is dated but in good condition. Breakfast is €4.50. Good quality/ price.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Barreiro-London
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Basic rooms, but clean and comfortable. Staff definitely need customer service training however. With the exception of one girl, none of them smiled and they all appeared brusque, especially the owner!
Breakfast buffet adequate for our 4 night stay.
Nice pleasant pool area, good parking.
Would stay again but only on a short break.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Whilst this hotel is located next to the Nerja caves and has free parking, I can’t recommend it. On arrival we were booked in by a friendly girl who had to keep disturbing another member of staff as she didn’t know what to do. That wasn’t an issue but when we got to the room there was no bed for my child which I had booked 8 months in advance. I managed to ask for some sheets and made up the couch bed for her but it was the worst sleep she has ever had and just not suitable. The room was filthy & even had skid marks in the toilet to greet us! The floor was dirty, a little balcony outside was also full of dirt and leaves and their patio area had lovely plastic seating which were also filthy - The beer was good though. Food wasn’t served until after 8pm so we ate at the cafe immediately next to the caves which was very good indeed. Overall I’m really disappointed with this hotel as it was very expensive and totally ruined our stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Mel8135
Reviewed July 22, 2017

Rooms are basic but ok for the room rate.Breakfast is reasonable and buffet style,however I wish the staff would smile.Maybe I was unlucky but items were banged down on the table with no smile and bordering on rude and rarely for me I did not leave a tip.Shame.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank stubbert
Reviewed May 10, 2017

Having had lunch at Cafeteria Balcon de Maro and walked up to the Cuevas I thought of walking back to Nerja. Down the hill from the Cuevas is Hotel al Andalus. I stopped here and had a very good cafe cortado as well as a lot of advice, from different members of staff on my ability to walk on as far as Nerja, given age and ability. Anyway, armed with a litre of water supplied by them, I set off and after about 1.5 hours, including water and photo opertuniity stops as well as meeting a lovely couple from Sunderland England on a bench on outskirts of Nerja ,I arrived at the bus station and got transport from there to my accommodation. Incidentally the walk is ALL downhill or level. I'm Lovely folk at Hotel al Andalus and excellent coffee.

Date of stay: May 2017