“well ran spannish hotel”
Review of Nerja Club

Nerja Club
Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Nerja
Reviewed 2 October 2011

we stayed here for a week in september the hotel has just been refurbished so the rooms are verry modern not a lot of choice throught the week at meal times but the meals themselfs tasted good that you didnt mind, room was clean and the staff were very nice and profesional , the only thing i would say in the blazing sun we found the walk from the town to the hotel a bit much all uphill however this may only be a problem in the heat i would go back but in the winter

Room Tip: hotel entertainment is at the pool area so a room overlooking the pool may be lovely during the day...

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Having stayed in Village de Capistrano this year after a seven year break we returned to Nerja Club for a drink and to watch, that which used to be, first class service and very good entertainment.

This year the service was poor and the prices HIGH. I had the flattest larger I have ever had and when I said to the waiter that there was "no gas" he replied "si" and stirred it up with a straw. I gave up and had a Bacardi and bottled coke.

How sad to see standards drop during these times of austerity.

Luckily, Capistrano has found a way to stay simple but superb!

1  Thank Techcam54
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed at Club Nerja. Was quiet worried as last 3 star hotel we stayed at was awful. What a contrast! Club Nerja is lovely. Pool area cleaned every day. Rooms spotless. Meals are very good. Not a great choce but what was there was fab. Only let down the sweets! However after a great starter and a great main meal it didnt matter too much about the sweet. The hotel is a fair walk from the main centre of the resort and would not suit anyone with walking difficulties.The entertainment was good at night. Most of the singers were reasonable although the music was a little bit loud. In all a great, realxing holiday and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

First impressions very clean and tidy hotel.Room allocation seemed a bit hit and miss we were fortunate room(223) overlooking the pool with distant views,recently refurbished, excellent shower,good beds,aircon,only downfall limited clothing hanging space(take less!!!) Restaurant served good selection of hot food catering for several nationalities always fine selection of salads and fruit,icecream always available.Plenty of new style sunbeds and decking by the pool.
Nearest beach very big with plenty of sun beds 4euro a day. Quite a hike back to the hotel but well worth it.
Worth visiting the all white village of Frigiliana voted one of the most beautiful village in the world, 1euro bus from Nerja.
Also the caverns of Nerja wonderful sight absolutely marvellous.about 8euro by taxi or a 1/2 hour walk.
Gibraltar trip well worth going on,free time somewhat tight if you do the WW2 tunnel and sight seeing trip + the dolpfin boat trip.
Nerja old town a gem literally hundreds of high quality shops and small restaurants
all very picturesque and photogenic.
All in all a very pleasant holiday far from the typecast Costa Del Sol offerings.

Room Tip: It would appear that the rooms are allocated according to spend per head.
2  Thank Richard052
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Having read several glowing reports of this hotel by other travellers perhaps I expected too much of what is a very ordinary 3 star establishment. On arrival we were allocated a room on the 2nd floor to the front of the building overlooking the main road and charged a fee of €14 for a key to the safe in the room with €6 to be returned on departure provided we returned the key! We also hired a fridge for the room at a rate of €3 per day payable on departure. The room was very small with tiny beds which were very hard and a tiny balcony which had 2 chairs but could only comfortably accommodate one person. There was very little storage space and only a few clothes hangers so I lived out of my suitcase for the entire week to enable my wife to hang and store at least some of her clothes. There was a flatscreen TV in the room but the only programmes I could find were local ones in Spanish. However the room was clean and the aircon was efficient. The bathroom was fine but there were no hooks to hang towels. Breakfast was very ordinary with most of the fruit coming from a tin. There was usually a queue for the toast and coffee machines which were hardly worth the effort. Lunch by the pool was a more pleasant experience. The swimming pool was good although it might not be suitable for children as the shallow end was 1.6 metres deep. The Club facilities are a bit of a joke. The is a luke-warm jacuzzi and a pointless pool with 2 water spouts together with some exercise machines. I did not see a single person use them during our stay. Entertainment was provided every evening by the pool and a satelite TV and 2 internet screens were available in the lobby. Service was patchy. The desk staff were pleasant enough when I reminded them several times about our missing fridge with a variety of excuses and promises. The cleaning staff were friendly and efficient but the bar staff were grumpy and ill-tempered. On one occasion I borrowed a tray from the bar to carry drinks to our table and it was snatched from my grasp by a barman. We ceased buying drinks at the bar because both the staff and the beer were unpleasant. Much has also been made of the location of this hotel by other reviewers. It is some distance from the old part of town and the Balcon but the incline is gradual on the Avda. Pescia and not a problem for the able bodied. However the walk up from the Burriana beach is hard going. We found that the best way of tackling the climb was to call in to the H2O bar round the corner from the beach and sample the best beer in Nerja. When you have finished that just ask the lovely people in the bar to call you a taxi and you will be back in the hotel in minutes at a cost of €6 plus tip.
The thing we liked best about this hotel was the pool area and the worst was the bar staff.
All in all a very ordinary experience - Oh and we never did see the fridge!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool - even the balconies are bigger!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Noddy30
nerjaclub2008, Director General at Nerja Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Dear Sir/ Madam
Firstable say thank you very much for choosen us for you holidays in Nerja, and thank you for your comments, Iàm sure they will help us to improve our services. Secondly, I really apologaise, I cant find an excuse for the waiter behavior, and I`ll do all in my hand to try not happen anymore, I could undestand its the end of a busy summer, but never an excuse to be rude with one of our customers. If you have read some of reports, you noticed that our staff has got a good reputacion, we have many customers who rely on us and keep coming for the last 15-20 years, most of the staff are here since,( not all) and we all know very well. There is a pity we couldn`t manage to conect with you ( blame on us, of course).
Rooms TV, they all got English chanels, minimun 4... and some others languages, but I´m not sure now if there were a problem with the recepcion in your floor, has happened. About the mistery of the fridge... I´ve been investigating, Its looks thats we though there were one availiable but it wasent on the first days and when its come ( too late) we feel it wasent nice to let you know.
For your next visit... I promise a free fridge in the room ( at arrival), a room overlooking the pool, a free safe deposit key( without deposit...) althought is the first complain about our beer ( Cruzcampo, San Miguel, Guiness, Heinekken..) I`ll go o H20 to have theirs and see which one it is, and bring some for you, to be properly served.

Looking forward seeing you some other time

Best wishes

Antonio Roman
Manager
Hotel Nerja club

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Nerja Club hotel for a week in September 2011 on a half board basis with Thomson holidays. The room was clean, facilities excellent, food plentiful and varied and the staff really attentive and helpful.

We will definitely return.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Ideal tourist hotel, rooms were clean, the hotel was spotless, staff were helpful, food was good.

Had a room overlooking the pool and terrace room cleaned to a high standard, efficient air con , I understand that the hotel has had extensive refurbishment and it certainly looked good with the terrace overlooking the town.

There was an adequate supply of sunbeds and although I understand the hotel was fully booked the area around the terrace and swimming pool did not seem crowded.

Those of us addicted to the internet were able to take advantage of the hotels wifi around the reception area and lounge. The gym look good although I'm not to familiar the concept of physical effort outside work, still it takes all sorts.

The entertainment was of a standard you'd expect,

Meals were as good as any, you get, and there was no rush since the restaurant had a reasonable opening times.

Reception staff were helpful, better than trying to use a tour company help line, my tour company 24-7 help number couldn't arrange car hire despite giving them an hour, as for emailing 24-7@flippin,useless,co,uk Asked at hotel reception about car hire, one phone call wallop car delivered in about 30 minutes.

If you want to stay in a reasonably priced hotel, with good facilities, friendly and efficient staff and pleasant comfortable surroundings this would be a good place to stay, as others have mentioned it is about 15-20 minutes walk to town or beach still a chance to walk off a big breakfast or dinner.

1  Thank TonyFlaig