All reviews roof terrace great location these apartments jazz night hd tv air con free tapas with drinks studio apartment min walk breakfast bar balcon de europa no lift burriana beach basic accommodation tea towels soak up the sun fridge freezer
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Stayed for 5 nights at the end of Aug 18. We had room #20, which is on thee roof terrace with the pool. I have heard that other apartments are better, but for me, number 20 had somewhere to sit outside, with a table and chairs.

Pro's
The location couldn't be better, at the top of the hill within a 3 min walk from the bars shops and Balcon, which are the highlights of Nerja town.

The staff were helpful and friendly. I have read reviews about passports being left unattended, however after taking our passport numbers we were given them back so no problems there.

The rooms, whilst basic, have everything you would need. New HD TV (which I had to reprogram myself to be able to watch), kitchen including hob, microwave, toaster, kettle and fridge/freezer.

If you hire a car, they offer 5 euro a day parking at the large outdoor carpark nearby. We hired, because it was cheaper than getting a taxi from the airport.

Cons:

Our biggest gripe was the room cleaning. Towels are changed every two days (not great by our standards but not terrible), however the sheets were not changed for our entire stay. We were sat outside one day when our room was cleaned and the cleaner simply made our beds with the same dirty sheets, this isnt good enough even for a two star accommodation.

The beds weren't the most comfortable.

The WIFI was hit and miss and didn't work for hours at a time.

Whilst a good location near the pool, it can be noisy in the day due to other people using and sitting outside your room as there arent many tables.

I would stay again however despite the above gripes.

Room tip: Rooms 19, 20 & 21 are next to the pool and allow you to have a table and chairs outside. 21 has a private balcony
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night stay in one of the 1 bedroom apartments. I'd return and recommend to others without a doubt. The apartments are not exactly shiny and brand new by any stretch of the imagination. But they are well maintained, very clean, comfortable and well equipped. The water pressure is brilliant. There are lots of staircases though, lots of levels so maybe not great for those with mobility issues. The location is fab, 5-10 mins walk to Burriana Beach, and plenty of great restaurants even closer - we loved in particular Joannys and Sevillano. The desk staff are perfect,helpful and cheerful. Accommodated my last minute request for a late check out with no problem. I'll be booking back here when I return to Nerja.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Affieapuesto
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Despite a slight hiccup on the wifi, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our week at Pepe Mesa. Christian and Claudia were very informative and responsive to any requests and made us feel very welcome. There is a small swimming pool which we made use of and a large terrace to use as well. The apartment is very well located. Minutes from the supermarket, and to the main street lined with cafes, bars and restaurants. The apartment is a 8 min walk from the bus stop to/from Malaga and the airport. The apartment was clean and had everything we needed for our stay.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2018

We were recommended this place by our friends, we stayed from 16/6 - 26/6 in apartment 10. This place is faultless, most of our stay we had the pool terrace to ourselves. The apartment was clean and large, well laid out and stocked. If your going to cook yourself a nice meal each night then you may struggle, but why you would want to as you are 5 minutes from some of the best restaurants in the area. Perfectly located 10 mins from Burriana Beach, 5 mins from the Balcon de Europe. The young lady and gentleman who run reception are brilliant and could not be more helpful. The reception is manned until 00.30 every day, after that you can access a well lit rear door on the opposite street. Price wise i would say one of the best options in Nerja!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2018

Apartments are central and very clean. Pool is nice would go back. The only issue we had was I requested a balcony but it was a balcony with two chairs and you couldn't strech your legs so I wouldn't call it a balcony.

Date of stay: June 2018