All reviewsone starold townfront streetsitting room areaterrific staffcomplimentary breakfastearly ferrycentral hoteltourist officetapasan excellent hotelprivate roof terracerestaurants and barslovely little placetunastayed here for one nightgood nights sleep
Reviewed October 31, 2017

Loved the small hotel and the town.
The reception staff could not have been more helpful, showing me the rooms that were available when I arrived. I chose the larger, more expensive, room but it was worth it for the space and the bath, also a great view. Bedroom decor is minimal in comparison to the bar area. The room was spotless, Bed was comfortable and linens good.
It was quiet when I was there, but you did hear the church bells chime.
Gave great recommendation for Sunset drink.
Breakfast was served in the quirky looking bar, buffet style and was reasonable
Interesting restaurants and shops in the small, predominantly pedestrian town with cobble streets.
Historic Castle and Church all beside an amazing beach but extremely windy Oct 2017, which obviously is the reason for the amazing Kite surfers!
There is no onsite parking, but supervised independent car-park close by (reasonable charges). Rooms have tea/coffee facility but no fridge.

Room Tip: Some rooms have baths with overhead shower, others only shower.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

I requested a quiet room when I booked two months ago and was assured I would have one. However we are facing the front which otherwise has lovely views but there is an outdoor concert two blocks away that is so loud it is like the band is in our room with us. They are playing (off key) for at least two more hours and we have an early ferry to Tangier in the morning. If you like to actually sleep in a hotel I recommend you look elsewhere. So much for a relaxing vacation. Also they are set up in front of their main church and were playing during the Saturday evening service. I have never seen such a thing. It seems quite disrespectful. This definitely affects (very negatively) my view of this town and how much I would recommend others visit here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights in Tarifa around a day to Tangiers. This hotel is the perfect base for such a plan. First the hotel is close to the port in the old part of town. The room was clean, the bed good but a little firm(a most in Spain), and the staff was very helpful. Finally the price was very reasonable.

If Tangiers is your plan, look here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel friendly staff great location loved the place would go again the bar had cocktails and a high selection of wines and beers the food in the restaurant was beautiful it also served tapas which we did not try

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2017

It's funny that a 1 star hotel can give such a 5 star experience. The location is key, of course. Tarifa happens just outside the doorstep of Hotel Misiana. But everything about this hotel is so good. The restaurant is a popular hang out in the evening. I will definitely return, if I get a room. You have to be sure to book early.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple