“A nice place to stay”

Hotel President by Brava Hoteles
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Figueres
Reviewed 20 May 2016

A good hotel trying hard to look and feel aristocratic.
It is located 5 minutes of walk from Figueres main POI - Dali's theater.
The hotel's main lobby is decorated a little too much, but in a crazy Dali's style it makes some sence.

The room was comfortable and cosy.
The stuff was very friendly.

The only

Room Tip: Pay extra few euros to reserve a superior comfort room. It has a jacuzzi
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evgeny B

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

This is a nice place to stopover when heading south to Barcelona. I hoped to visit the Salvador Dali Museum in the morning, but it was closed on Monday. For me, the museum is the only draw to Figueres, although I read about bargain shopping somewhere.

Getting into the hotel is confusing. Don't try to park first. You'll end up frustrated on very narrow one-way alleys, only to be denied entrance when you finally find the parking garage behind the hotel. Instead, pull right up and block the sidewalk in front of the reception door. This seems rude and dangerous, given the busy street and heavy pedestrian use on the sidewalk, but trust me. It's the only way.

My room was lovely. Comfy bed. Nice decor. Balcony. Mini-fridge, empty. Would have appreciated an honor bar. I really wanted a beer after the parking fiasco.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2015

We arrived at night, very cold and tired. The room we were given was on the 5th floor, refurbished - everything looked brand new. But the main thing was that it was so lovely and warm - due to proper radiators in the bedroom and the bathroom. I realised then how I hate the hot air heating of most hotels. The radiators were totally adjustable.
In the bathroom was a wonderful jacuzzi - which really cheered my spirits.
The bed was very comfortable, and evrything was spotlessly clean. New lift, new decor, and great Dali drawings on the walls.
I must say I am a fan of Dali, but had not expected his influence to extend to the hotel. (The Dali museum was a shortish walk away, and is hugely enjoyable.)
The personnel were very friendly - the receptionist spoke excellent English.
The breakfast room was light and airy and had Dali-esque features - little mirrors in unexpected places. Great fun.
Breakfast was plentiful and fresh.
How nice to see a hotel that combines all that one expects from a modern hotel but still retains individual touches that make it stand out from the rest.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Nice hotel, nice personnel,great location and free covered...not bad for the price....rooms have Dali motifs and pictures... Not on major hotel reservation systems...definitely recommend and would come back....ask for a recently renovated room.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Clean and quiet, with a pretty good breakfast. The Salvador Dali decor was strange, of course.

Worst, I noticed that another customer was charged the price, including tax, that I was charged not including tax. When we stopped in to get a rate quote, I neglected to ask if this was tax inclusive. So we got charged an additional 12 Euros. This is a bit shady if not downright unethical. I guess I should have put up a stink.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with windows overlooking the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Such a welcome change from the modern formula hotels,this is an establishment with real character and style! Impeccably clean with helpful friendly staff, this hotel is a real find for anyone who wants to experience a traditional Spanish hotel, and we really appreciated our excellent value for money one night stay when visiting the nearby Dali museum. The hotel is ideally located for such a visit, with free overnight parking in the hotel car park opposite (there is also a secure hotel garage at 8 euros a night). There is free efficient wi-fi in the lobby although it's shame there is none in the bedrooms. On the down side, the airconditioning in our room was noisy, and did not produce much cool air at all - the fan provided made even made noise to little effect. Nonetheless we intend to return in the autumn, and next time will try the restaurant which several guests told us was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I made the reservation based on my colleagues oppinion, and the day before arrival I checked TripAdvisor findings.. I got frightened! I came here thinking is gonna be a battle engagement, but it proved to be one excellent experience. The hotel is very clean, personnel friendly, speaking English (for me one important clue), ready to support any request and with one outstanding order choice, both in bar and restaurant. I should be more precise: I live in Madrid dealing my bussiness, and coming in Figueres for a week time, the level of prices also was a pleasant surprise.. for half price you can get double service in any regard you want to nominate. I inquired the possible source of two unhappy former customers and I found that indeed, the renovation program is still on-going on upper levels. My room was refurnished one and for 50 EUR I got 3+ stars quality. In Madrid you can't find hostals for this money. Also is not mentioned, the hotel offer free of charge wifi internet, the location is very central, still connected to the main exit avenue, within walking distance from Dali Museum ( by the way, the most visited Spanish Museum). All in one, paraphrasing another turist form the site, "Do yourself a favor: be happy and save money in probably the best hotel in Fugueres!"

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business