“The best sea bass!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This small Italian restaurant is a gem. Staff were delightful and service excellent. I had the sea bass which was on a bed of lovely Mediterranean vegetables which was full of flavour. The sea bass was cooked perfectly and was the best I have had. Dessert was a problem as there were so many delicious looking sweets. The waiter was very obliging and gave me a portion of each of the three I wanted. I can really recommend this restaurant. A wonderful evening.

3  Thank Enid P

Reviewed September 30, 2018

I have always loved the Villa D'Este I have never been disappointed, I have always found the welcome. service and food quality excellent, I have never been afraid to introduce people to the restaurant I have never been disappointed the quality is excellent, there is always a good atmosphere

3  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed September 19, 2018

I booked this place in advance for a group of 28 of our management team and everyone’s expectations were truly exceeded. From the moment I spoke to Fransisco I knew this was a place that took a great deal of pride in delivering great food and service.

The group was split over three tables and each table was served promptly and efficiently, we started with the suggested sharing platters, followed by a risotto, again delicious and the main of sea bass and steak was so tasty and whilst there was a lot of food, we were never over faced or rushed. The wines suggested were perfect along with the surroundings and atmosphere.

This place has been going for some 30 years and its evident that they really do care about their customers.

4  Thank LeesaSikveland
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

First time we had a meal in this restaurant and probably not the last! The starters of calamares, gnocchi and chicken liver were spot on. The mains consisted of the tuna, tbone steak and pollo milanese all very tasty and cooked to perfection. The dessert trolley looked very inviting but the chocolate mousse was more of a chocolate custard than a mousse. The service was impeccable. Would definitely recommend but possible for an older audience rather than a young, hip one. However we all enjoyed it thoroughly.

4  Thank belgianbun
Reviewed August 30, 2018

This is the second time I have been there and had their two course lunch. Both courses (actually four for the two of us) were unusual and not only extremely good but fantastic value.

Date of visit: August 2018