“Evening meal for 14 - not great”
Review of The Britannia

The Britannia
Ranked #31 of 78 Restaurants in Marlow
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Service was ok but seating for 14 does not work well in corner of restaurant. Food was ok but the fish was wet and almost soggy batter which made the fish horrible. I did not eat it and told the waitress but nothing was done about it. I won't be eating there again.

3  Thank essexa
Brit M, Manager at The Britannia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear essexa,

Thank you for your recent review. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your requirements on this particular occasion as it is of upmost importance for us to ensure that our guests leave happy on every visit. If you would like to give me a call on 01628485066 to discuss in more detail, please do.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The pub looks rather bizarre from the car park but inside it's very pleasant.
Thursday lunch and the venue was fairly busy. The food was really nice and staff pleasant. I would definitely return again.

1  Thank eclipse18

Dear eclipse18

Thank your great review! I will pass on your comments to the team who will be thrilled.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

After explaining a menu dish they still brought out a completely different meal, one of our group of 4 ordered steak very tough.

1  Thank Anthony B
Brit M, Manager at The Britannia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Good Afternoon Anthony,

Thnak you for taking the time to submit this review. I am disappointed to hear that you weren't satisfied with your experience.

If you would like to talk to me regarding this please call me on 01628485066

BritM

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Went to this pub for lunch last Friday with my girlfriends. First barman was nervy but offered me a choice of Chilean OR New Zealand sauvignon blanc which was good. Not allowed to order food together as we were a little unsure of our table number as we had put two benches together. Another till was begrudgingly opened up for us. Food orders, at least 30% came out incorrect. I ordered a tuna sandwich on white hoping that this was something easy. It was ok, but the bread seemed a little toasted (stale). One of my friends had to wait at least 40 minutes for her jacket potato. No one collected our plates in the 2 hours I was there ensuring wasps and flies buzzed around us. Even if a pub is busy surely plate collection should be priority? This pub used to offer excellent food, but it has definitely gone downhill in the last year. A smile from a member of staff would have gone a long way, instead of being made to feel like a nuisance. Will not be going back.

1  Thank KateG1968
Brit M, Manager at The Britannia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear KateG1968,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor. May I take this opportunity to apologise for the service you received on Friday.

It was a busy lunch service for us as the sun was shining and there were many tables sitting outside, It is always difficult putting through many orders on one table as our system will only allow one user to access any given table at one time.

We will endeavour to rectify these issues in light of your review. If you would like to contact me to discuss your visit in further detail, please do. 01628485066

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My husband and I went to the Britannia, with our dear friend who lives in Marlow, to celebrate her birthday. The food was excellent and we tucked into a full and flavoursome mixed grill and gammon steaks which came with pineapple, peas, mushrooms and grilled tomatoes plus the usual choice of chips or a jacket. We finished with delightful puddings from the specials board and a celebration bottle of Mumm Cordon Rouge champagne. The Britannia seems to be a little oasis in Marlow where you can enjoy good straightforward food at sensible prices. The wait staff were excellent, especially the lovely Mandy from Wales, and we shall certainly return for another great dining experience.

Dear catlover043,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!
I will pass on your comments to all the staff, especially Mandy, who will be thrilled.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.