“Excellent breakfast”

Cote Brasserie - Marlow
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Marlow
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed November 12, 2017

I have the full English breakfast here about once a fortnight.

It's always very good as is the service.

There's plenty of room and they have newspapers if you are eating alone and can stop looking at your electronic devices!

1  Thank R W

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Came here last minute with my husband for a late lunch. Walked in to an unexpected buzz in the place which was nice! We had a lovely table at the back by the window and a very welcoming waiter who was more then accommodating as we kept changing our minds which we apologise for but he just laughed with us and it was no problem !
The food came and again we were pleasantly surprised how lovely it all was and not expensive at all !!
Will definitely be going back again and probably with a large group of girlfriends as the place is nice and big and great value for money but still serves quality food!

1  Thank LouLadiesthatLunch
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I’ve been to a Cote before many years ago and remember it being excellent and the Marlow branch is not exception. We had a delicious meal chosen from a varied menu with great service. The food was fresh, the customer service was attentive and polite and the ambience was warm and pleasant. I will definitely chose Cote again.

1  Thank Smatty68
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Tasted some lovely November specials including Cassoulet de Toulouse made with duck smoked sausage and haricot beans.

1  Thank Janetcursi
Reviewed November 5, 2017

I had booked Cote for my birthday dinner and sad times say we have left feeling as if we were an inconvenience to stafff by arriving on a Sunday evening . We arrived and as we were sat at our table we aerie told that there were a number of dishes unavailable, these included the smoked salmon, pork belly, cote de boeuf , fish stew and anything listed on the specials menu apart from the casoulet. ... we had already looked at the menu at home and had wanted both the cote de boeuf and the pork belly but we were happy enough to have an alternative. We ordered the house whire( item no 1 on the wine menu) I ordered it as No 1, the waiter rolled his eyes, I think because I had not ordered it by name but I'm not sure if it was that or if he wanted / expected us to order a more expensive wine? We ordered something to start but had not had time to really look at the menu and asked if we could wait before ordering our main course to be told that he needed them both together because the waiter needed time to prepare the kitchen. When our mains were due and our plates were collected the waiter dropped my daughters fork in her lap, nothing was said, no apology . Our new cutlery arrived, my daughters was just placed on the table...the equivalent of being dropped into place. My daughter who is 15 quietly approached the waiter and said it was her Mums birthday, and could they do something.... the waiter said to her " you should have said something earlier!! .... it's too late, another waiter did interrupt and say they could do something with my dessert to make it special. At the end we were presented with the bill, we were a table of 4, including a child and charged 12.5% service charge which was £ 18.59 , my daughter asked for it to be removed ...again more eye rolling. The food was good, the waiter was sadly disconnected and made us feel as though we were an inconvenience which is why we did not feel we could leave the service charge. I have many friends who work in the industry and always leave our service charge at 20% and in cash because I really want it to go to the staff. I have left this review because now that I am home I feel so dissapointed. I enjoyed the food, so thankyou to the chef and kitchen staff who work tirelessly night after night. I have left thinking that our waiter decided that we were lessor people, our bill came to £169.00 for 4 people and yet he made us feel like we had been to a fast food restaurant and that tessentially we had not spent enough money. On no occasion did he say thank you, ask if there was anything else he could do, how was our food? , there was nothing, no communication, he took our order and made us feel like we should hurry along and let him go home on a Sunday evening. Such a disappointing evening on what should have been a celebration for my birthday .

4  Thank hilarypardoe