“Charged twice but hotel avoids repayment - avoid like the plague!”
Review of Crowne Plaza

Crowne Plaza
Ranked #54 of 82 Restaurants in Marlow
Price range: US$61 - US$61
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Visited the hotel in May, booking and paying via LastMinute.com.
Dismayed to see some days later a charge of £108.80 applied to my credit card. Hotel avoids dealing with this either by putting you on an indefinite loop on the automated phone system, or putting you through to accounts and automatically cut off, put through to an answer phone or when you do speak to someone get told "everyone is in a meeting and someone will call you back" and of course they don't. Eventually i heard that the refund would be processed in 3 to 5 working days - it wasnt! having then spent another 1.5 hours on the telephone i was totld it will be processed in 3 to 5 working days - and i have no option but to wait and see. This hotel demonstrates everything that is bad in customer service

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

I went today and it was appalling. Don’t bother. My treatment was nice, for the short 15-20 mins I had it (it was supposed to be 25). Lunch was good but the service in the spa is appalling. Firstly it took 5 voicemails for them to call me back so I could book it. When I arrived today they’d forgotten about me. I was told I could buy drinks at the bar and have at the pool... which I did. Hours later I was told off publicly for doing that. The jacuzzi was extremely low on water... covered your feet but that was about it! There were not enough chairs for the amount of people there. I know they have little control over who goes in but there were 2 large, rowdy groups which made it pretty hard to relax. I won’t bother again.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

New Years Eve 2017 was like a scene from the wild west. Management sat around chatting whilst broken glass bottles were adorning the lifts and floors and guests were fighting - putting people in danger - COWARDS. The fire alarm went off twice in the middle of the night causing 2 evacuations! Many guests checked out in the middle of the night as they felt justifiably unsafe. The pool area and hot tub were rendered unusable due to the wild west theme continuing in that area. What a complete and utter DISGRACE!

1  Thank Vanessa J White P
Reviewed December 22, 2017

Went for afternoon tea today. Very disappointing. We were offered coffee on arrival but then were not given a cup of tea or other drink when eating our tea. I had to ask for a glass of prosecco which was included or we would not have been offered it.

1  Thank rosey1749
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Came for drinks with friends, great service and great cocktails from James. Will be recommending and definitely returning!