“Amazing meal again ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times now and the standard is still high. Amazing food, friendly atmosphere and very good and prompt service. Food is delicious! Would recommend booking a table in advance to avoid disappointment.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

We went mid-week and Da Luca was fairly busy. The decor is basic in a nice Italian family cafe/restaurant kind of way - brick and tiles, wooden tables, view of the kitchen etc. A nice outside seating area too for when the weather is suitable.
The service was excellent. The choice of fresh homemade Pizzas (from their Pizza oven) and classic Italian dishes was enough to satisfy even a fussy eater. There were also 'Specials of the Day' which two of our group ordered.
Food and drinks arrived in good time - not too fast but nicely paced. We all thoroughly enjoyed our starter and main course. I had Tricolore Salad, which was delicious and enormous! I then had the most tasty Vegetable Pizza. All my friends were happy with their meals - Pasta Carbonara, Risotto and Pasta with Clams. We didn't have dessert, but the coffees were excellent too.
Good value for money in my view.
There's a nice ambience, casual where children would be welcome, small groups, couples or solo diners just wanting to read the paper or a book whilst eating. There were plenty of local people coming and going collecting take-away Pizza so it's clearly good for that too.
Definitely worth a visit, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

I live in Marlow Bottom and have patronised Da Luca since the day it opened. (It was such a welcome change from the short-lived 'Dead Duck' Chinese restaurant that preceded it!) For me and my friends, it's a little piece of Italian paradise in this backwater of rural South Buckinghamshire. It therefore worries me, as it must the owner Gian Luca, to read TripAdvisor reviews criticising the unfriendliness of the staff and the quality of the food. WHAAAT??? Was this place suddenly taken over by alien chefs and waiters when these reviewers visited? In ALL the time I have frequented Da Luca, I have NEVER been less than impressed by the extreme friendliness of the staff - I'm male by the way, as are the staff! - and the food has been exemplary. These criticisms defy explanation - but I'm certain that Gian Luca will not rest until he has thoroughly investigated these complaints. After all, opening his Henley branch relied heavily on the plaudits he received from satisfied clients at his Marlow Bottom restaurant.
I LOVE this Marlow Bottom restaurant. The regular staff - Adrian and Norbert - are never less than friendly and attentive, and the menu offers many mouthwatering choices that taste as good - if not better - than they look on the printed page. Why else is it necessary to book at Da Luca, Marlow Bottom, if not for its popularity and reputation for good food and service? If some diners feel Da Luca has not lived up to its justifiable reputation, I'm sorry for their experience, but for the rest, I urge you to ignore these minority gainsayers - and prepare for a mouthwatering gastronomic experience!

1  Thank Beelzebubblensqueak
Reviewed October 2, 2017

An authentic, dare I say, old fashioned, trattoria-style restaurant, noisily operated by a bunch of chattering Itlaian chefs, loosely controlled by a Hungarian maitre d' and serving superb food at reasonable prices. No longer around, one might say and, in most towns it would be true, but not in Marlow Bottom, a tiny village with only one serious street running through it. Why the owner felt sufficiently assured to open it in the first place (he has a larger, well-established version in Henley) is a mystery to me, but I'm so grateful that he did. Those plastic ersatz Italian lookalikes which abound in High St. England have nothing on this place and I raise my chilled Orvieto Classico to it staying that way for a long time to come. Lunga Vita, Da Luca!!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Went with a group of friends on a Thursday. Restaurant full and very noisy, impossible to have a normal conversation. Food was OK but two who had the veal were underwhelmed. Dessert was OK but small portions. Wine expensive for what it was. Maybe an authentic taste of Italy but not too my taste.

4  Thank BDR416