“Poor service, average food. All in all, disappointing”
Review of Bills Marlow

Bills Marlow
Ranked #13 of 82 Restaurants in Marlow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner on Saturday as the Ivy was fully booked out, and what a poor choice it was. After being seated by the door on a fairly quiet evening and hearing that the couple next to us had not received their food for a while, we felt slightly concerned. We wanted to try the calamari but only after we ordered had we found out that they didnt have any. We opted for the halloumi sticks and surprisingly, they were good. This was short lived however as the seabass for mains was overpriced for what it was (15pounds for just 2 fillets and a few tomatoes and no fries!). Slighly overcooked and not much going on in my plate.. I must also fault the service as we had no check ups, nor did anyone ask if we wanted anymore drinks, not even a quick "how was your meal guys?" There seems to be an issue with hygiene with the waitress we had, which was really offputting and what made it worse is that the waiters kept kicking my chair as they walked past - happened about 4 times with no apology. Overall, the only good thing about our experience was the beer, which was imported and the halloumi sticks. Not impressed and wont be returning.

3  Thank AJ V
BillsRestaurant, Jamie at Bills Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this detailed feedback relating to your recent visit to Bill's Marlow.

This does not at all sound like our usual standard and for that I apologise profusely. I can assure you that everything has been fed back to the General Manager and the rest of the team.

I would appreciate it if you would email hello@bills-email.co.uk with more information so that we can look into this further for you.

I really hope that this will not be your last Bill's experience, we would love for you to return so that we can live up to your original expectations and restore your confidence.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

The menu has been refreshed since I was last here although the favourites are still on the menu. We had a very nice dinner and it was tasty and reasonably priced. I guess that sums up the place - tasty and reasonably priced.

BillsRestaurant, Jamie at Bills Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review.

The team in Marlow will be delighted to read your kind words and thrilled that you had such a nice evening.

On your return do make sure to mention this review to a member of the team as we would be delighted to treat you to something special on your return.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend the gluten free avocado and egg breakfast...so tasty I had to check it was definitely gluten and dairy free!! Good for kids but also great to friends

BillsRestaurant, Jamie at Bills Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear Catherine,

Thank you greatly for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I am thrilled to hear that you approve of our Gluten Free Breakfasts- I have to agree with you, I can barely taste the difference!

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Great vibe and a great time with a fun and friendly team of staff. Highly recommended! Will be coming back again!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review.

I am delighted to hear that the team in Marlow ensured that you had a fantastic time and know they equally cannot wait for you to return.

When you do, please make sure to mention this review as we would be delighted to treat you to something special as a way of thanks.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch here. The food service was a bit slow (it was a Saturday lunchtime). However the overall experience was very positive, thanks to the good food and friendly staff - particularly Marcel!

BillsRestaurant, Jamie at Bills Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review.

We are delighted to hear that the staff in Marlow impressed you, and have to agree with you- Marcel is a star!

On your return please do make sure to mention this review to a member of the team as we would be delighted to treat you to a complimentary round of drinks on us.