“One word (Nutmeg Ice cream)”
Review of The Coach

The Coach
Ranked #8 of 78 Restaurants in Marlow
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Lovely dinner, good service! Not sure about a Michelin Star !
Special but not that special.
Good wine ,cheapest £19
Plumb Tart average. But nutmeg ice cream sublime

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

I visited The Coach with three friends for dinner during a weekend in Marlow to celebrate my friends birthday. We arrived at the Coach at 6 and were advised there would be a 45 min wait for a table. We took a seat in the small waiting area at the rear of the un. We did not have to wait that long before we were given a perfect booth table in the window. Half our group are veggie and there were so many options for us all to try and share. I particularly loved the crispy pigs head, which was sublime. The risotto and the beetroot dishes were amazing and it goes without saying the chips were beautiful. Even thought it was a busy Saturday night we were never pressured to eat quickly or leave. The meal was incredibly reasonably for standard of be food. Would come back to stay in Marlow again just to bring my husband to eat at The Coach.

Reviewed November 19, 2017

Sat at the counter to watch the quiet ballet in the small kitchen. Ordered what the burger which seemed expensive for what I knew to be appetizer size. Don't be deceived by what appears to be an oversized 'slider'. Every bite of this masterpiece of burger art deserves to be savored slowly. Also had the Ceasar Salad, another perfect, high bar for a common dish. The Coach is worth every penny!

1  Thank WPK54
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

We arrived early at 4.30pm to ensure we could get a table and eat at 6pm when they started serving again.

The menu was exciting and we knew the food would be excellent. However, when the food came we wished we'd ordered more because we felt we couldn't really order more later as there were so many people waiting for tables. There's no way of knowing the portion sizes of dishes if you've not been before and we wished there had been.

However, what we DID order was sublime - chicken Kiev with cauliflower cheese - I could have eaten this four times over it was so good. My husband had the burger with pulled pork and dill pickle - he said it was really great. We ordered the apple glazed celeriac too which was amazing and we'd definitely order that again, as well as the chips with bernaise which were awesome.

Nice selection of beers - could be a bit more inventive with non alcoholic cocktails (I'm pregnant and tried the grapefruit and pineapple mocktail with rosemary which was nice, but nothing special).

Finally the service was really good - and the ambience just right - cosy, intimate with a nice buzz about the place.

We'd definitely return.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

I had thought that I knew all there was to know about chips, or fries, or whatever you choose to call your deep-fried potato. This place proved me wrong. I have been there twice and tried many things on their menu, which were all excellent too. But make sure you have the chips with bernaise.

Decent wines too, one of my friends who dined with me is a wine connoisseur, and he approved.