Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nicola H

A stunning hotel

Review of The Crown Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 20, 2024via mobile
Wow, what a stunning hotel, we had to park on the road as the car park was full but that was fine. You’re greeted with a warm welcome, the hotel is clean, and full of interesting curiosities, our room number 12 was truly beautiful, the bed a bit too firm for me but they’d gone to a lot of effort adding little details like the complimentary delicious tea bags, biscuits, there’s a Nespresso machine in the room, slippers, etc. the breakfast was delicious too. We’ll definitely be back.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: If the car park is full, theres in road parking around the green. The travel cot didn’t have a...
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • eDreams
0.6 km from The Crown Hotel
0.2 km from The Crown Hotel
Restaurant
Top deck attic family suite is 2 rooms, king and 2 singles with partial seaviews
0.5 km from The Crown Hotel
  • Skyscanner.com
2.6 km from The Crown Hotel
View more hotels in Wells-next-the-Sea
1,009 results
All reviews copper bath haddock goujons cream tea oysters lovely hotel breakfast and dinner dog friendly hotel lamb four poster bed crab menu wells dogs buttlands norfolk fizz residents
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2024

A gem. Fabulous bar with great choice of wine. Chris is the perfect host ( and a Kiwi) passionate about his hotel and the area. Our room had a private terrace with a steaming outdoor copper bath; we enjoyed it despite the chilly weather! The food was tremendous, staff delightful and the locals made us feel so welcome. We have booked our return - this time with our four legged friends

Room tip: Room 23 had the best terrace and outdoor bath
Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed April 7, 2024

We went for supper and I really hate giving bad reviews but I promised my husband that I would when I was eating to warn other people because it was so bad but... the food is definitely all microwaved. This was worse than hospital food. I cannot describe how bad it was. I feel terrible saying that. I don't usually log on to leave bad reviews (you can check my profile to check!) but it's the worst meal I have ever eaten so I felt I needed to warn people. I have eaten better food from a chip van for a couple of quid and honestly I couldn't not warn people. I don't know what to say, but it was very, very, very bad. We went on to another pub for a drink after and will warn all and sundry to never ever go here. My god... what a place.

Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed March 27, 2024 via mobile

We were gifted a night at The Crown and were delighted that they had selected this lovely hotel. We were allocated room 10 at the very top of the hotel which is a bit of a climb as there are no lifts but I'm sure staff would assist with luggage if need be. The room was superb, very large and airy with a view across the green opposite. We booked a meal in the restaurant in the evening and couldn't fault either the quality or the service. Similarly, breakfast offered a great choice of food with a friendly, helpful waitress. Definitely on the 'return' list.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2024

We are regular visitors to Wells and always eat and drink in The Crown. Last weekend we spent a lunchtime and two evenings there.
We wanted to thank Chris and his staff for running such a great place who really look after you making you very welcome.

Room tip: Very dog friendly
Reviewed March 14, 2024

Enjoyable meal with friends. I would have given it five stars but mussels were over cooked and quite small. The main courses and desserts were very good. Service was good and friendly and the ambience. Would certainly go again and will look forward to our next visit.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends