US$188
The Folly(North Berwick)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$147
  • Beachfront
The County Inn(North Berwick)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$152
US$119
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Nether Abbey Hotel(North Berwick)
TripAdvisor
Point Garry Hotel(North Berwick)
All reviewstrain stationbeautiful housetwo nightswonderful hostsroom was largebreakfast was deliciousmarlenehughharrowingedinburghgullane
Reviewed September 17, 2016

Lovely hotel. Beautifully furnished. Our bedroom was lovely, very large, as was the bathroom and immaculate.

Marlene was an excellent host and breakfast was delicious with lots of choice.

Drem is a short drive to North Berwick and other nice little places and the station is at the end of the drive and the train only takes 20 minutes to Edinburgh.

We would certainly stay at Drem farmhouse again

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2016

Stayed 2 weeks ago and will be back. An amazing place stayed In the Bothy and we were made to feel very welcome and It had everything we needed and more . The gardens are amazing so you can relax with your fave tipple and let the world go by. 2 Mins away Is Drem train station so you can be In Edinburgh within 30 mins giving you the best of both worlds. One Is tranquil and relaxing the other Is buzzing with so much to do esp during the fringe(the main reason for our visit). We will defo be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2016

We have just returned from a weeks stay at this beautiful B&B. It's difficult to summarise this stay because there are so many wonderful aspects to discuss. We were made to feel very welcome by the owner and her staff. Breakfast is a great experience here giving you the opportunity to meet so many interesting people.
Our room was large, comfortable and clean. The en-suite was a good size with a bath and shower.
The location couldn't have been better. It was central to everything we wanted to do. The icing on the cake is the railway station at the end of the drive. For £9 return for 2 tickets we travelled to Edinburgh in 25 minutes.
This is a great place to stay and explore a wonderful part of the country.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the house with great views over the garden and paddock. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2016

I ended up in a bit of a Catch-22, having responded to an ad on a different site that guaranteed free cancelation and booking three nights here prior to our leaving Scotland after seeing other parts of the country. I realized we should stay closer to the airport on our last night due to an early flight out, the trains not running early enough to use public transit, and not feeling comfortable driving 40 minutes that morning to drop off a rental car (there are at least eight roundabouts en route, the weather was iffy, etc.).

When I tried to shorten the reservation, I was required to call customer service, where I was told they could only cancel but not rebook, so I should call the hotel. Although I did have an alternate reservation near the airport the host flatly said I would not be able to find a reservation near the airport, that since I'd used a third-party site she would not be paid until October. I clarified, "So, it's three nights or nothing?" and she said yes.

I decided to keep my reservation near the airport, which was an affordable AirBNB, for my own comfort and peace of mind with travel logistics. I was put out at having to pay for a double-booked night, but felt that I needed to look out for my own safety as an inexperienced driver there.

The farmhouse was somewhat hard to locate; guests should look for a short stretch of white fence flanking a narrow drive directly across from the entrance to the train station. (The B&B is not visible from the road.)

Once I was inside, it struck me as very spacious to the point that it was hard to encounter the hosts if I had a question. We asked about a key and were told none of the bedrooms have locks on the doors.

From reviews, I recalled that the outer door is locked at night and figured out door keys for the front door are in a bowl by the door.

When we arrived on a Saturday night our rental car had a tire-pressure warning light. The hostess said we could drive to North Berwick, which has a garage, but the website indicated it was closed. I called the rental agency's roadside repair service to see what I should do in case there was a slow leak -- they basically said just go to a gas station to get the pressure checked. The route to North Berwick doesn't have a shoulder to pull over if the tire were to become flat en route. The owner's son suggested Haddington, and that was less harrowing of a drive (we'd come from North Berwick earlier that day).

When we tracked her down to ask, the owner said a WiFi code was "under your TV" -- in a drawer, it turns out. The network address had a typo ("S" instead of "5") but the host had added that we might need to access the Internet from the sitting room downstairs anyway, and in fact, the listed network did not appear when we were in our room. Fortunately when I mentioned to her son I only saw other networks upstairs, he told us a password that worked on those (rather than the generic string of letters and numbers for the network listed on the guest-room folder).

When I rang the bell in the lobby due to having a question, no one responded.

Using the train was a little mystifying since the schedules left out for guests seemed to indicate there were no morning trains on Sunday and the ticket machine was not operating. However, using WiFi and Skype on my U.S. phone I called the train information line to clarify and they said there was a morning train, which we caught, paying at our destination. Before leaving the station we also asked when and where to catch the return train.

When returning that evening, we followed some other travelers into a train at the platform but fortunately, a cleaning woman told us that the actual train was stationed in front. Although we were 10 - 15 minutes early, it was almost full when we boarded.

The train trip was fine and affordable. An off-peak, same-day ticket was just about $10 per person, and the trip is faster than by car.

We had read that the B&B sometimes served dinner upon request, but I was told when I called about the reservation they no longer do that . . . someone without a car could take the train to another city, such as North Berwick or all the way to Edinburgh, and plan to have dinner there.

The grounds seemed pretty but maybe the site is a little more geared to people from the UK who are less "fish out of water".

The countryside itself was very scenic -- we'd planned to explore both Dirleton Castle and an annual Highland Games that weekend in North Berwick, so we did have cause to be out there.

We chose to eat at Grace of India in Aberlady and found the proprietors very sweet. (The restaurant was advertised to also do deliveries but we didn't look into that.)

Room Tip: You have to look in the bathroom closet for extra blankets in the twin room.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2016

The short road (that belongs to the b&b) is very beautiful with greenery on both sides, the flowers and the Horse and Pony, gives a beautiful feeling to this b&b.
Marlene welcomed us beautifully. Her grand daughter was such a cute little doll. Her place is massive with a lobby, beautiful frames and photos of her family members, flowers, lamps and hats.
The common hall is beautifully decorated with a perfect view to their lovely back garden (huge garden). They have lots of informative books to read on.
The dining area is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Flowers, plants, filled with with natural lighting, comfortable seating and their cute pets (dog and cat). Amazing breakfast with fresh juices.
The bedroom was huge with an amazing view again of their garden. The dressing room along with their bathroom was beautiful.(lot of room).
The railway station is right opposite this farmhouse.
We loved this place and their horse ;)

Room Tip: The wifi is not very strong.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family