“Breakfast”
Review of Glasshouse Cafe

Glasshouse Cafe
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Blackawton
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

The four of us turned up at the cafe and ordered variations of Glasshouse breakfast. Lovely well cooked local produce. Nice venue with very friendly staff. My first visit but the others come out here on a regular basis. I was not disappointed.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Located in a glasshouse within the Gardentime Garden Centre, we came here for lunch recently. Short menu using fresh ingredients, and some interesting options - soup, terrine, frittata, salads, rarebit. Good portion sizes and all in the £6-£9 bracket. Service is a bit slow as it's produced to order, but it's well presented, and great quality when it arrives.

I'd be very happy to eat here on a regular basis.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

Excellent value and really fantastic fresh salad and flan, the flavours were excellent, what a gem. It was lovely to have so many vegetarian options. We can thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

I live locally and am always keen to use local cafes, restaurants and other businesses to support them, particularly out of season. This, however, is one cafe that I definitely will not be returning to.

I visited for breakfast on Saturday morning and really should have taken more notice when one of the ladies (not the cook) was so sour faced and non-communicative that I wondered why she was working in a customer-facing role. Nonetheless I decided to stay as I had promised my daughter a breakfast and the menu, while appearing expensive, seemed adequate enough. So I ordered the "Glasshouse" breakfast for both of us.

Well, what a shock when the food arrived. The sausages were cold in the centre and had clearly been cooked in advance but not reheated thoroughly, the black pudding was cold and not cooked through, the bacon was OK but salty, my egg was completely overcooked and hard while my daughter's was a little undercooked, the mushrooms were well overcooked and the tomatoes were fine.

As I said at the start, I support local businesses whenever I can but they have to deliver good products and service. This cafe fails significantly in both areas and so I will not be returning. I didn't complain to the staff as I did not want to upset my daughter but I will be voting with my feet.

Extremely disappointed.

3  Thank Steve J
Reviewed 6 July 2015 via mobile

We popped in as my partner had been before and enjoyed it . We had a ciabatta each , mine was cheese,ham and mustard and her's was a goat's cheese ,olives and other bits affair. Drinks were an Americano and a Rose Lemonade . The food and drinks were lovely , only complaint was it took a long time for 2 posh sarnies and drinks were finished before they arrived, so more were purchased . Deffo come again though

1  Thank mark s