“Large family birthday ”

Ask Italian - Saffron Walden
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Saffron Walden is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Saffron Walden menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

A large group of us had a meal here early April.
Food was good and service ok.
The desserts were the downfall, we ordered them to then be told 15 mins later that they were out of the most popular one. Re ordered more desserts to then be told 5 mins later they were out of another dessert! Had to change order a third time. Staff need to be on the ball with what's available and not when bringing out the dessert menu to avoid disappointment.
Apart from that it was a good meal and looked after the children well.

1  Thank Ilovefoodsuffolk

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We went here recently for my wifes 40th birthday and they where very accomadating.
A large table was set up at the rear of the restaurant suitable for 14 adults.
Service was a bit slow but that was probably due to our chatting and not ordering very fast.
I would recommend this for all occasions

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

I have come here on numerous occasions for lunches now and I’ve always enjoyed the food while the service is very friendly and quick - which is ideal when you have a short lunch break. I highly recommend the prima pizza’s while the free lemonade is a nice touch! The wide variation in the gluten free range is a massive bonus for my friends so Ask tends to be our first choice of place to eat. Will be returning again in the near future!

Reviewed March 13, 2018

I've been lots of times but this particular time felt we had been squashed in although booked it was packed to the hilt we were put in a corner on what looked like plastic garden chairs with very little room against a radiator, our meal was Luke warm service was rushed not a good experience

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

Grotty table, very sticky, shoved up in a corner and very difficult to get to.
Service varied from very pleasant to abrupt. All main courses arrived ok but desserts... we had all finished our desserts before the last one arrived. We complained but were told, not my fault, it's the kitchen.
Nice food but will not go to this one again.