All reviews east kirkby the pub table number ordering drinks sunday carvery yorkshire pudding lovely lunch home made steak and ale pie friendly welcome roast potatoes large portions stayed nights well worth a visit comfortable room bar area on arrival excellent value
Reviewed October 10, 2015

Wonderful host and team of staff . The food - which was locally sourced - was beautifully cooked and very plentiful. Our room was super, clean and inviting and our bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept on in hotels over the years. Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank LindaNightingale
Reviewed August 9, 2015

My wife and I visited The Red Lion after passing many times and thought it's time to give it a spin, it's a lovely old building and from the road looks the quintessential English country pub, but once inside it looks a bit.. well grubby and dark, ran by what it seemed teenagers, when we ordered we got dumped with our cutlery and salt & pepper etc etc in a bucket and a mushroom table number marker as well as our coffees.. ( table service.. no... ok )
once we got to our seats outside we noticed how dirty everything was in said bucket, nearly empty salt & pepper, god knows what in the bottom of the bucket, grime on the pots.. not a good start at all for very simple things, the food took a while to come, they do have a sign saying ' we don't do fast food, we do great food as fast as we can ' come on is that not just saying hey we're a bit lazy but oh well, once the food had come it was in all fairness great, my wife had a panini and I had the Cajun chicken baguette and yeah good stuff decent size potions and fresh, just all let down by bad service, sort it out guys there not big things just annoying simple things.

Room tip: I'd ask for a rear room as for traffic noise if I was to stay!!
Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed August 8, 2015

My husband & myself have driven past The Red Lion on a few occasions, and always commented on how stunning it looks and how we would try it soon, well unfortunately we left feeling slightly disappointed... Don't get me wrong the food was lovely, I had a Brie, Bacon & cranberry panini and my husband a Cajun chicken Baguette, both were delicious, a very good size and full of filling.... No it wasn't the food that was wrong, but the service and cleanliness... The service was nearly non existent, we ordered our food from the bar but were going to sit outside, we both had coffees to carry ourselves, along with a wooden mushroom table marker, then an ice bucket filled with our cutlery , salt, pepper and other stuff !!!, balancing all these whilst trying not to spill my coffee was quite a feat !!! we got to our table and emptied our ice bucket of things to find they were filthy, the ice bucket was filthy, the salt and pepper pot were filthy, had all sorts splashed on them along with a bit of egg from somebodies breakfast, I did point this out to a waiter who promptly cleaned them... but left rather unimpressed with the service, a bit of table service would have been nice as it wasn't busy, and it would have saved me a juggling act.... Shame really because the food was good, but more attention to detail would make the whole experience considerably better

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed July 21, 2015

Just had a 2 night stay whilst attending event in Woodhall Spa. Quite isolated right by main road but we had as good a sleep as we have ever had at any hotel/ pub/ b&b. Very comfortable bed and pillws, not too hot as is often the case.
Food is ok, not special and portions are incredibly generous, both at breakfast and in evening. Friendly, helpful service.
Building is impressive on outside, fairly tired inside and grounds neglected.
Had no joy with the wi fi.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed June 8, 2015

My husband & I stayed here for one night, before going to nearby RAF East Kirkby for the ‘Lancaster Experience’. Our room was upstairs at the back of the pub and was large and comfortable, although the bathroom was clean it needed a little TLC.
The pub had lots of character and in the evening, we both had Lincolnshire sausages & mash and a few pints in the bar and enjoyed it. That evening, the bar staff weren’t over friendly, but the next morning at breakfast, the landlady was lovely. Two women also eating breakfast were really rude to her and she took it without batting an eyelid. There was a decent choice for breakfast ~ we opted for the half portion full cooked, which even though it was ‘half’, was still huge and very tasty.

Date of stay: May 2015