“A great little Inn..”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
Ranked #10 of 17 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2016

The Red Lion advertises itself as a "good honest country Inn" and that sums up the place in a sentence.
I stayed here for one night on business and experienced a very warm welcome from the hosts. The rooms are clean, comfortable and have everything you need. The food is excellent and the proportions very generous, I can't see anybody leaving here still hungry.
I'm looking forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

This is a beautiful and charming traditional English pub, with well appointed rooms, open fires, home cooked fayre and good beers.

The staff are friendly and polite, the atmosphere is warm and cozy. Lovely seating areas for a quiet drink or meals. Great specials boards and it's as English now as it was when my parents brought me here as a child over 35 years ago. Thank you as my wife and children enjoy it now as much as I did, lovely beer garden with a children's play area

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2016

I have read some previous reviews, and wonder if people are getting muddled up with the Red Lion at East Kirkby ... I haven't been there, so can't comment, but I CAN say that I have been to the Red Lion at Revesby twice in the last fortnight and on both occasions the food has been plentiful and delicious. Frozen chips?? I don't think so.... the staff were all friendly but not over-bearing, the open fire very welcoming on these cold February days after hours spent plane-spotting....I had the ham, egg and chips both times, and there was so much food on the plate that the chips were in their own bowl! Unfortunately I was unable to indulge in any of the desserts as the main meal was so filling :(

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Took my in laws out as my mother in law birthday went for Sunday lunch it was lovely nice home cooked food excellent value for money staff nice and friendly will be going back nothing was too much trouble

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2015

a nice little pub, bit grotty inside,run mostly by teenagers who are a little bit over enthusiastic. it would be nice to finish the meal before some kid comes up wanting to take your plate. have tried this place a few times and its always the same. would not recommend this place to my worst enemy

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank happy107756
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Wonderful host and team of staff . The food - which was locally sourced - was beautifully cooked and very plentiful. Our room was super, clean and inviting and our bed was one of the most comfortable we have slept on in hotels over the years. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank LindaNightingale
Reviewed 9 August 2015

My wife and I visited The Red Lion after passing many times and thought it's time to give it a spin, it's a lovely old building and from the road looks the quintessential English country pub, but once inside it looks a bit.. well grubby and dark, ran by what it seemed teenagers, when we ordered we got dumped with our cutlery and salt & pepper etc etc in a bucket and a mushroom table number marker as well as our coffees.. ( table service.. no... ok )
once we got to our seats outside we noticed how dirty everything was in said bucket, nearly empty salt & pepper, god knows what in the bottom of the bucket, grime on the pots.. not a good start at all for very simple things, the food took a while to come, they do have a sign saying ' we don't do fast food, we do great food as fast as we can ' come on is that not just saying hey we're a bit lazy but oh well, once the food had come it was in all fairness great, my wife had a panini and I had the Cajun chicken baguette and yeah good stuff decent size potions and fresh, just all let down by bad service, sort it out guys there not big things just annoying simple things.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a rear room as for traffic noise if I was to stay!!