Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21-08-12
Expedia.comUS$172
FindHotelUS$172
PricelineUS$180
All reviews family suite lamb shank cullen skink twin room amazing views couple of nights both nights excellent food sea view menu colin bay
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2021 via mobile

The Millcroft is a nice little find - I was cycling and the owner was able to help me store it safely. The room was nice and comfortable and both dinner/breakfast were good. Gairloch is a lovely little village and worth a visit. Definitely would recommend!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 9, 2021 via mobile

We booked a table in the restaurant for 7.30pm and paid a deposit of £20 to secure same as they had had a lot of no shows.
On arrival we were advised that we had now been moved to the bar as they had had a lot of guests turn up who had booked a room, but not a table, via Booking.com and had come down to eat before our arrival (10 minutes early) and that in consequence they no longer had a table in the restaurant for us.
The bar was a very unwelcoming dreary room with no diners, just drinkers.After much discussion and argument we did get our money refunded but ended up with nowhere to eat.
No wonder they end up with no shows, do they even deserve to be in the hospitality business.

Room tip: Do not use this restaurant
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Millcroft Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at The Millcroft, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2021

Good morning,

it is always disappointing to hear about unhappy visitors to the hotel.

We try to respond to reviews in a professional and courteous manner but after having met my bar manager in tears and having been informed of your disgraceful language which you were repeatedly asked to stop I do not have any sympathy at all for this outrageous and disrespectful conduct to other human beings............... another guest actually informed us that he wanted to confront you and be less than polite with you but luckily he reframed from making this unacceptable situation even worse.

We are in the hospitality industry because we genuinely care and try to make all guests have a wonderful and memorable time with us but I can certainly question your behavioural skills to other genuinely kind and polite people who are still upset at your conduct.

You were not really worth replying to but other visitors do read these reviews so its best they hear both sides of a story.

Regards,

Millcroft

Reviewed June 9, 2021

First - may be wearing a 'Joker' facemask at check in is not such a good idea?

Second - we live not far from Inverness and stayed just one night on 25th May. There was no hot water when I had my shower at 10:00pm, I reported this to the front desk.
On check out I told the person at the front desk who had it on record but said he could not help but to go through the agent Hotels.com and he would respond.
This I did and asked for partial refund. Hotels.com got back to me 3 days later to say there had been no response from the hotel and they would get back to me again. This they haven't done and when I tried to call yet again (I've tried them lots) they're not available.
Don't really know what else to say - just disappointed in the poor service and cold shower - oh well........ breakfast was good

Good morning,

It is always disappointing to hear about any guests not enjoying their time with us.

The joker mask is a personal preference and not something we generally considered an issue and we are genuinely sorry this has offended you.
You were absolutely correct about the no hot water and this was a genuine mistake on our behalf that was rectified immediately.
We did mention to you that we were more than happy to reimburse you but because you booked through Hotels.com we would have to go through them selves in order to keep everything correct, when customers book directly with us we can avoid such delays should there be any problems with their reservation.
I can assure you that Hotels.com have not contacted the hotel nor have their been any email communications which I have diligently been waiting for in order to refund yourself............a lack of response back from the large booking agents is a very common practise unfortunately as we are still waiting on several issues still to be resolved since the beginning of this year.
I am not sure why you have not been able to contact anyone as I personally am answering the phone calls between 7am and 2pm and have never had any phone calls from yourself?

Delighted you enjoyed your breakfast at least.

The Millcroft

Reviewed May 21, 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Had a room with a sea view, the view was amazing. The bed was so comfy and I had a great sleep. A high standard of cleanliness as well. Had dinner while we were there. The macaroni cheese was a massive portion and it was delicious. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay again.

Reviewed May 12, 2021

Stayed one week in this lovely, friendly hotel. Gairloch is a great place to visit and The Millcroft is right in the village overlooking the sea and beach.
Food is delicious and Colin, the owner, goes out of his way to make sure you have a happy and pleasant stay. It was my second stay at the hotel and I will most definitely be coming back.

1  Thank 203maxinet