All reviews travellers rest lots of hot water generous portions the rooms were nicely decorated fantastic place bacon sandwich good nights sleep on arrival definitely stay here again cooked breakfast walking weekend comfortable bed an evening meal stayed for nights warm welcome carvery lodge
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights from Friday 11th.
I was a bit worried as I’m not used to staying on my own but I had such a warm welcome I was soon put at ease.
Everyone was really nice and helpful. My room was clean and a really good size. The towels were changed and there were toiletries in the bathroom. There was also tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
On the first evening I had dinner in the onsite restaurant. The food was good and very generous portions, I also had dinner on the last night and again it was really good.
Breakfast was really nice and there was cereal, toast and cooked options. I had a full cooked breakfast which was filling and well cooked. The chef even checked my egg was how I liked it as I asked for it well done. I also had a fresh pot of coffee.
If I stayed in the area again I would definitely come back here.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank wendye652
Reviewed May 13, 2018

We arrived to find our rooms ready for us even though we were early. The rooms were nicely decorated. Lots of hot water when we arrived back after our walks. Those who used the showers were impressed. The food was good. We had arranged to have sandwiches and the sandwiches were delicious, proper meat and lots of salad. Stuart and Becky were very helpful with suggestions, advice and practical help. Hope to return next year.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Cymraes55
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice friendly place to stay, the room was freshly decorated and clean, our hosts were very welcoming. We ate in the travellers rest which is owned by the same people the food was fab and plenty of it after a good nights sleep we had breakfast which was included and also great. All in all a great stay we will be back

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed January 5, 2018

Booked this place online checked with a friend who said it was ok,arrived to find what looked like an abandoned building that they had just taken down the boarding from the windows and open specially for the night,the bar looked as though they had had a break-in and everything had been stolen,the female staff did their best and i did have a wonderful steak,on the way to the rooms i could smell fumes possibly from a boiler very worrying i slept with the windows open just in case,i hope they get it refurbished soon

Room tip: avoid rooms smelling of fumes
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

By the time I reach Shropshire from Devon, I have usually lost the will to live, hence it is always nice to arrive here, get a good pint of beer and order food which I know will be good.
The pie is always nice, as are the curries. I can recommend the breakfasts which are nicely cooked and filling. I understand from people I have talked to that the carvery is also very good.
The rooms are comfortable, but some are a little tired, that said, they are warm and very clean. Ample parking, easy to find and a welcome break for a tired driver. Reasonable prices too when compared to the so called budget chains!

Date of stay: November 2017