We were part of a group of over 90 people (and numerous dogs) staying at the Longmynd to celebrate my father's 70th birthday. We had two rooms for my family - both an excellent size and well equipped. The hotel staff could not have been more accommodating throughout our stay - the food was excellent and the service faultless especially for such a large party.
The setting for the hotel is stunning and it is an ideal location for the walking we enjoyed each day.
Like other recent reviews, my only complaint was the internal temperature of the hotel - which required us to switch all the radiators off and open our windows (even though it was snowing outside) in order to ensure a comfortable night's sleep.
I would definately stay at the Longmynd again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Longmynd dates from the early 1900s and originally attracted Edwardian visitors to the 'Little Switzerland' of Church Stretton. With a magnificent hill-top location, there are panoramic views of the surrounding hills from the dining room and our lounges. Today the Longmynd has been extensively modernised to suit the needs of visitors. We offer spacious bedrooms, fabulous food and spacious lounges to relax in. Our extensive gardens and woodland walk are both relaxing places to explore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Otel, Priceline, LateRooms, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Longmynd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longmynd Hotel Church Stretton
- Hotel Longmynd
- The Longmynd Church Stretton, Shropshire