“Lovely bay view accommodation suitable for...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jean S
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Lovely bay view accommodation suitable for ramblers and their dogs.”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Our family of five plus two Weimaraners stayed in this perfect location in Porlock Weir. It offered us a chance to get away from the hustle of work and relax together. Many walks, some rigorous hikes and lovely runs were enjoyed as the pathways are in such good condition. The large dining table was a focal point in the evenings, as we cooked some tasty meals in the well-equipped kitchen. The fireplace also proved to be welcoming to end our busy days. Although it is rustic, there were a few issues which came up during our stay. The fireplace stove was not cleaned out and the available wood was too wet to burn. Luckily I had my husband bring firewood from home. The en-suite shower does not drain and ventilation is lacking, however the tub in the family bathroom is ideal. Half way through our week, we realised the washer didn't spin properly and the tumble dryer was useless. And lastly, thankfully we Frontlined our dogs prior to our trip for there are numerous tiny ticks lurking about in the forests and paths. Nightly combings were greatly appreciated by our two. One of our daughters managed to have a tick embedded on her leg, which we removed, and once home sent her to the GP for the appropriate antibiotics.
Please visit this beautiful place, just be diligent on the critter search.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Numerous ticks prevalent
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Maidstone

Rugged travelers
Northampton
Reviewed June 21, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing