“Quintessential Tea Rooms and Garden”

King John's Hunting Lodge
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Lacock
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous seating outside in the gardens. Delicious tomato and mozzarella salad, with a cup of refreshing tea. Cakes looked fabulous!!!! Warm, friendly service.

Reviewed April 28, 2018

My husband and I were traveling through the Cotswold area on a random drive from Cardiff. We stopped at Castle Combe, and then decided to travel on to Lacock Abbey. The abbey was beautiful, the grounds, the manor itself and the history. We happened upon King John's Hunting Lodge, where we were thinking of having tea, but decided that we would go ahead and eat a late lunch. I had a butternut squash, goat cheese and spinach tart... Amazing!!! My husband had the lamb, which was also delicious. The service was beyond friendly and helpful. The café was so warm and inviting, I would definitely recommend and we will visit again.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

The staff were friendly and efficient. The menu was interesting and the food was really delicious - beautifully presented and it tasted scrummy.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Would advise booking. Have posted current menu photo as could not find on website. Food delicious but service stretched. We were warned that the lamb would take longer, but it was worth the wait. Risotto excellent as was smoked salmon & asparagus, beautifully presented

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Not the first time in here, and probably not the last. Good (if perhaps not hot enough) Earl Grey. Nice surroundings. Yummy carrot cake. Also nice lemon cake and walnut/coffee cake (not all me - son and friend ate too!).
Particularly love the garden, but the weather's never been nice to me when I've been in Lacock. After a walk, we went elsewhere for lunch. Bad move.
Maybe we'll just stay put next time!