“Needed somewhere for lunch and not disappointed”
Review of The Rising Sun

The Rising Sun
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Lacock
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: European, British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Rising Sun really is that beautiful British pub that provides fantastic hospitality from the moment you pull into the car park. As you leave your car you will enjoy expansive views across the Avon Plains, a view that can be enjoyed from our conservatory dining room and the large garden with decked area as well. You can even do a spot of work whilst enjoying the views as we have oodles of free Wi-Fi. Step into The Rising Sun and you will be reminded of what makes a pub so great. A number of real ales on tap, including many from Wiltshire’s Moles Brewery, a range of world lagers and a wine list to satisfy every palate and every pocket! This is as beautiful a pub in the summer months as you sit outside and enjoy the view as it is on a cold wintery day when the fire is as welcoming as the staff and rest of the customers are. Join us for a big warming red wine or a pint of well kept real ale on the way home or for a lunch time bite or lazy Sunday roast.
Reviewed August 27, 2018

Not quite a case of just passing but we're in the locality and opted for The Rising Sun from several to choose from. My wife chose the vegan chickpea curry and I the 'breakfast' gourmet burger (inc egg, bacon and mushroomed). The burger was absolutely fine but the chips..wow! Hot, crispy and and great colour; superb. The pub was busy with lunchtime customers but the wait for food to be served was shorter than I expected.

I think I can say that we would gladly eat there again.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Sat outside on a hot July Sunday and admiring the fantastic views. We had a variety of meals and all were lovely and the service was excellent with friendly banter.Recommend

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I was really disappointed with my visit today. I have previously always loved the rising sun and it's views and decor. However, today we were really upset the service and the attitude of the older gentlemen strolling around, who I assume is the manager. We ordered the food for four adults and two children. Some of the food we paid for was not available and the manager was rather rude. He then bought two meals out and then after about 20 mins we had to ask for the other meals. There was no apologies, he was incredibly rude and came and just slammed the kids meals down at the end table and walked off, leaving the kids wondering what they had done wrong. He did even put them in their places. Sadly, I will not return and hopefully he will learn some manners/ customer service. The food isn't as good as it used to be.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

Booked a table for 8 for an old school-friends' lunch. The booking was taken over the telephone. When we arrived the conservatory proved too hot so two tables with umbrellas were set up in the gardens.
The service was superb. I even saw a dish of water brought out for another customer's dog. Nothing seemed too much trouble.
We all agreed that the food was excellent - simple, but really well presented and the waitress actually came outside to take our orders rather than one of us having to go to the bar.
We all agreed it was the perfect venue and we'll be back again.
Thank you.

1  Thank Pauline T
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

We had booked a pair of outside tables for a family birthday lunch on a hot Sunday. The staff were very pleasant on the phone and in the pub and the views (for those looking outwards) were great but the food was nothing remarkable. The roasts came swimming in a quite weak gravy and the roast pork was probably the least enjoyable I’ve ever had. The beef was pronounced to be ok, as was the vegetarian dish. At least the roast potatoes were delicious. We had no room for desserts, probably because we were still relatively full from a party the day before.
It was though a nice family occasion and many photos were taken.