“Excellent Food and Ambiance”
Review of Moomba

Moomba
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Maho
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A match made in heaven, the friendly island and a concept whose entire being is based upon having fun...fresh seafood equal to none, the most creative tapas in all of the Caribbean, all accompanied by libations and wines of the world, in a uniquely St. Maarten atmosphere. Tapas are all about being social; sharing plates is just the start, it's really about sharing in the experience and the fun that comes along with it. Come alone or come with 100 people, either way MOOMBA will take you in and where your night goes from there is up to you. Begin your evening with a signature cocktail in our magnificent bar looking down on all of Maho.
Reviewed July 22, 2015

One of the restaurants we have always enjoyed in Maho, St.Maarten was Sopranos and we were once again looking forward to a great meal there. We were surprised to find Soprano's closed, but learned later that they merged with Moomba and the chef has brought his cooking skills to the new restaurant. They specialize in tapas, but offer a wide array of entrees.

I enjoyed the Chicken Parmesan which was done to perfection and served with fresh grilled veggies. My husband enjoyed 2 tapas -- the Bruschetta Bread and the Calamari. He said both were excellent. Price point, perhaps a little on the high side compared to other restaurants in Maho, but definitely worth it.

1  Thank Ingrid B
Marnix P, Manager at Moomba, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2015

First of all I would like to thank you for your nice review.
I'm happy you found us even tho we moved to moomba.
I'm glad you enjoyed our traditional Sopranos chicken parm and your husband tried some of moombas finest tapas.
I hope to welcome you back in our restaurant in the near future!.

Reviewed July 4, 2015

If you're looking for a snack in Maho, this is the place.

Fabulous tapas menu and nice bar next door.

During happy hour, tapas are half off.

Marnix P, Manager at Moomba, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2015

Thank you very much for visiting Moomba and for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review!
I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at our restaurant and I hope to see you back soon.

Marnix Peeters

Reviewed June 23, 2015

This place is AWESOME. Their scallop and black truffle risotto dish is INCREDIBLE!!! The second best scallops I've had on top of the best risotto I've ever had. It really is to die for. On top of that, they had some of the best tiramisu I've ever had. The wait staff is very responsive and friendly.

2  Thank Nicholas C
Marnix P, Manager at Moomba, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2015

Thank you very much for visiting moomba during your vacation.
I also want to thank you for your great review you wrote about us.
Great that you appreciate our professional waiters and culinary masterminds in the kitchen.
I hope we can welcome you again in our restaurant in the near future.
Let's get together and have fun at moomba!

Reviewed June 22, 2015

Got recommended this place during our stay and decided to check it out. Went relatively late at night and it was quiet although at the time most of Maho was. The restaurant itself was very classy with a modern design. The menu had a lot of choice and had a Mediterranean feel to it. Our server was actually from Italy and did a wonderful job explaining the highlights on the menu and looked after us very well. But the most important part of any restaurant is the food and in Moomba it was excellent. The steak was top quality and the scallop risotto was outstanding, possibly the best I've ever been served. It is relatively expensive, but the portion sizes were very big and the quality was very high indeed. I would definitely recommend a visit here if you visit Maho beach at any point during your stay and will certainly try to return myself in the future.

Marnix P, Manager at Moomba, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2015

Thank you very much for your great review.
I saw your other review on the Pianobar page, welcome to the family!
The scallop risotto is indeed one of our signature items and people always love it.
Thanks for highlighting our dish on tripadvisor and I hope to welcome you back in one of our businesses in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2015

We ate there at least 3 times while we were there, Met Bruno who waited on us most times. He was awesome. Best food on the island.

Marnix P, Manager at Moomba, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2015

Thank you very much for visiting us 3 times and for taking the time to share your experience with others.
I'm glad to read you appreciate Bruno's service, he's a pro.
Hope to see you again in the future.