See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Took a while to choose this but so glad we picked Corncrake cottage. The cottage sits on the main road but you don't hear any traffic - you see the amazing view over Ardmair Bay. Sleeps four but was only two of us plus dog. Parking for two cars. Good bit of fenced in garden with bench overlooking the bay. Secure for the dog.Good washing line too!

Cottage well designed. Really good space. Nicely decorated. Nice kitchen leads into sitting/ dining room overlooking the bay. Great utility room space with washer and dryer. Upstairs are two good bedrooms with ample wardrobe space. Stunning views over the bay. Good sized bathroom with shower over the bath. Nice bedding and towels. Comfy beds. A very warm house!!!

What needed improving? Sounds petty but a milk pan, a towel rail for the bathroom, one of the lounge windows had 'blown'. I'd definitely recommend to others and I'd stay here again. Great position to get to Ullapool and the rest of the NC500!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2017

You couldn't wish for a better spot. Situated right on the shoreline, I spent many lovely hours distracted from my attempts to work remotely by the amazing view, and "Oscar" the otter who swam by every day.

The cottage itself is very clean and tidy, with good off street parking, and a nice written guide to get familiarised on arrival. it's well appointed. Wireless broadband is sufficient (streamed Sky Sports OK on an iPad). The TV has a Sky Q box which was great, though the Sky Sports subscription wasn't activated which it said it was in the cottage docs.

The bed was super comfy, with clean linen, and the bathroom was just fine with clean, huge and fluffy towels.

The cottage was warm - the heating seems very efficient. No pound coins needed for the meter any more - hooray!

For cooking, the stove is electric (there's no piped gas up there), and there was a microwave.

Overall, I had a superb stay, really enjoyed it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 1, 2014

I pretty much always do self-catering as it's conducive to photography where you don't really the opportunities control your day, and not eating times :)

I've been lucky enough to stay on Loch Ness, Oban and Skye on previous trips to Scotland and although I'd been further north than Ullapool I wanted to use this as a base.

Ardmair chalets are a decent size for two adults (it will accommodate 4), with a good size kitchen and lounge in preference to the bedrooms which are sufficient for a family, but might be a squeeze for 4 adults.

The wooden construction was nice, and caused no problems in terms of cold, damp or wind - the heating was reasonably efficient, capable of warming the chalet in an hour or so. TV has HDMI so we could plug in a laptop and watch movies, and there is a good size table to eat at, and two couches as well. I particularly like the front window - which is large - about 12" wide, and about the same height, so you get lashings of light when you open the curtains. The views are also pretty spectacular, as you overlook the harbour of the Loch where the fishermen launch from.

Bathroom is functional - I prefer showers to baths so no worries there, and even though it was electric it still had a good enough flow to be invigorating.

The only slight downside is the wifi is a little weak for the chalets and strangely works on a token basis which is obtained from reception and cannot be shared amongst devices (I guess they're worried about the bandwidth being used). Smartphones and tablets didnt seem to pick up the signal sufficient to connect, laptops faired better but the signal was a little temperamental. Alas I need signal to keep an eye on work, but if this is no bother for you, then the chalets would be good.

It was quite packed with caravans on the weekend when we arrived, but as you would expect, it was still peaceful and relaxing.

Room Tip: I believe there are 2 types of Chalets, the newer pair certainly looked nicer (more glass) - the website does show these. I think we were in Chalet 4 which is perhaps not quite as close to the reception if wi-fi is important to you, but I think there is little in it....
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stuart T
Julian P, Owner at Ardmair Bay Cottages & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2015

Hi Stuart

Thanks for the review, however, I believe you were staying at Ardmair Point Caravan Park. We are Ardmair Cottages and Chalets. All our properties have unlimited WIFI which is free. We have our properties located directly above the main stretch of the beach and on the hillside, dotted about Ardmair well back of the road from the campsite.

Many thanks

Ardmair Bay Cottages and Chalets

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed in one of the lodges. Fantastic views and peaceful. The lodge was comfortable and had adequate mod cons. Wifi didn't work throughout our visit, which was frustrating and annoying. Minimal of mobile reception as well.

Room Tip: Choose the lodge
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lucy P
Julian P, Manager at Ardmair Bay Cottages & Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Thanks for your review but this review relates to Ardmair Point Caravan Park and not us at Ardmair Bay Cottages and Chalets.