• Free Internet
The Arch Inn(Ullapool)
The Sheiling(Ullapool)
All reviewsterry and shirleybeach roomfresh milkmunro roomlocal artistsbreakfast was deliciousbiscuitsa real gemstar accommodationcompotelittle touchesroll top bathdecorated to a very high standardon displayporridgesmall fridgea real home from home
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

We visited for a couple of nights and stayed in the Harbour room on the top floor. Although I'd read reviews and seen photos of the room online I was still very pleasantly surprised at how great this place is. The common areas and bedrooms are so tastefully decorated and kitted out that it's more like a showhome or TV set than a guest house! The breakfast was very nice and the hosts accommodating. The room rate is reasonable given the quality and location.

Location is perfect - in the centre of the village but with ample on and off-street parking.

When we return to Ullapool we'll only even consider staying elsewhere if Westlea is booked!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Terry R, Owner at Westlea Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Chris,
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete your review. Your kind words mean a lot to us and we are so pleased that you like what we have achieved at Westlea House. We do hope that you will return again in the future.
Regards
Terry

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I returned to Westlea this year after staying there a year ago, and picked up on conversation we were having last year. Terry and Shirley have created the best B&B I have ever stayed in. The attention to detail and ambience is truly wonderful. Westlea is like Torville and Dean in Sarajevo - it deserves full marks for the design, service and luxury super breakfast.

Room Tip: All the rooms have different themes, all done to high level, all good
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Terry R, Owner at Westlea Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Thanks so much for the lovely comments and we feel very honoured to be put in the same category as Torville and Dean,hopefully it has nothing to do with my choice of clothing.
We hope to welcome you to Westlea again in the future.
Kind Regards
Terry

Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

We came across this place purely by accident. But what a result.

Extremely professional couple running a well equipped clean boutique b&b.

At last a small place that has a small fridge for proper milk for a coffee or tea. And has the forethought to place to fridge in a hallway away from the room so the noise from the fridge doesn’t disturb you. Excellent idea.

Very comfortable inside with a foray of magazines and papers. Huge amount of reading material books etc and a record collection for your use.

We were made welcome with a fresh pot of tea and tunnocks marshmallow biscuits.

We had the double superior room. Lovely comfortable bed.
Well equipped room with tv and coffee making facilities.

Bathroom was extremely clean and had everything we needed. Lovely powerful shower.

The only issue I had and to be fair I completely forgot to mention it at breakfast the day after was that the tv was sat on the table area in front of the bed. And when I’m bed it was difficult to see without sitting up. But such a minor thing in what was an exquisite establishment.

Breakfast was second to none. The amount was more than enough and made from locally sourced retailers.

Well done Terry and Shirley. Highly recommend anyone to stop here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2017

An absolutely stunning boutique B&B. You will not be disappointed, guaranteed. My only regret is we stayed just one night on our trip around the NC500 route.
We had a beautiful room on the first floor, decorated to a high standard with a marine theme. There is a comfy bed and settee and a little bar style table at the window where you can sit and look out whilst relaxing and enjoying the view.
The bathroom was superb with great lighting and everything looks brand new.
The breakfast was fabulous. lots of delicious food laid out and delightful crockery and accessories.
There is a lounge where you can sit and enjoy books, records and a drink. Everything has been thought out.
The town of Ullapool is a real treasure and we loved our time there. Terry and Shirley love their boutique hotel and this is plain to see in the way they welcome their guests and present the best possible experience.

Room Tip: I expect say every room to be an absolute delight and presented in the same way our room was.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Terry R, Owner at Westlea Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely and detailed review.We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and do hope that we have the opportunity to meet you again at Westlea House.
Regards Terry & Shirley

Reviewed September 19, 2017

I booked two rooms for my friends travelling with me on a cycling tour. I didn't stay there myself but my friends were delighted. They couldn't praise it enough. Very comfortable rooms, exceptionally well decorated and appointed. From what they said, the next time I'm in Ullapool I will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Terry R, Owner at Westlea Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

We are very pleased that your friends enjoyed their stay at Westlea House so much. We hope to welcome you all back here in the future. We were certainly impressed with the distances you were cycling each day!